A Drunken Mistake - "You're coming home."

Ah chapter 27, I can't believe it!

There's not much left of this story now, ah I think I'm going to cry :'(

But I hope you like this chapter, it's only a filler really, I'm sorry.

Anyway, please vote and comment to let me know what you think!

Thank you!
Enjoy :)

'Keep in mind that people change, but the past doesn't.'

Katy’s POV

I lay there in my bed, four pairs of eyes trained on me as I talk. For three of them, it’s the first time they’ve ever heard the story of my life, for the other well he’s sitting there clinging on to my hand.

I start at the beginning, with when I was first adopted. I tell the officer about how at first they seemed nice, loving even but then things soon turned ugly. I tell him about the first time Michael hit me when I asked if I could some more dinner.

I tell them about Sarah’s drunken fits and Michael’s anger problem and how I practically lived my eighteen years in silence.

I then move onto when they moved to me California, only doing it to further the torture of my life.

And then I move onto what happened to me in the last month.

“He took me from the club, stuffed me in the back of his car and started driving. I was terrified, he was drunk and high and clearly mental, I didn’t know what he was going to do with me. We drove for miles before we pulled up near the forest and it was then that I realised this was where I was going. He pushed me through the forest until we got to a little run down shed, that’s where I’ve been for the last month,” I finish, looking around at all the faces staring back at me with shock.

 Officer Sheldon quickly composes himself.

“Did he inflict any harm on you while he kept you captive?”

“He hit me a couples of times, little slaps here and there,” I sigh, feeling Dylan tighten his hold on my hand slightly.

Looking over at him, I see his jaw clench with anger, his eyes dangerously dark. He sits there stiff as a board, his breathing strained.

I reach my hand over to him, smoothing out the frown on his face with my fingers. He tries to flash me a reassuring smile, but it doesn’t quite reach his eyes.

Finally, Officer Sheldon speaks again.

“Well, this is a serious case; I’ll have more of my officers on it immediately I promise. For the meantime, we’re going to have two police officers guarding your apartment for you just in case he comes back for you, okay?” the officer suggests.

I nod numbly at his offer; the thought of Michael coming back for me is terrifying.

Soon after the officer has taken more notes on what Michael looks like and wrote down little details on things he leaves, leaving the rest of us in a strained silence.

“I had no idea,” Amy whispers, tears once again filling her eyes.

“There was no way you could, I kept it pretty quiet.”

“Why did you never tell me?” she asks, her voice cracking a little now.

“Because I liked the fact that with you I could be a new person, not the girl that had been abused for years, or the quiet loner girl, I could start fresh. I didn’t want to be that girl anymore…” I answer her.

Dylan once again tightens the hold on my hand and then I realise what I’ve done.

When I was with him, I was that girl. The loner, the quiet one, the girl who was being abused. That’s who he knew me as and he loved me anyway.