A Drunken Mistake - "The suitcase can wait."

Hello everybody and welcome to the latest chapter of A drunken Mistake!

I've found this story hard to carry on and I feel like I'm dragging this out (I have been writing it for at least 2 years now!) so this will be coming to an end really soon. I will miss the story that I have grown so attached to, Katy and Dylan will be missed, but it has to end sometime. 

I hope you enjoy this little filler chapter and let me know what you think!

Enjoy 

"True friends are those who came into your life, saw the most negative part of you, but are not ready to leave you, no matter how contagious you are to them."

Katy’s POV

“All those boarding flight 1502 to California, please make your way to gate 5, thank you.”

Now this is Deja vu.

The last time I was sitting in this airport, it felt like the end of the world. I was leaving behind the one I loved with a ring on my finger and promise that we would be together again one day. Today, I’m boarding this plane with him beside me.   

I was such a scared little girl the last time I was sitting here. Surrounded by hatred and rage, I couldn’t quite see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now, I’m living in that light.

I have my child safe in my stomach and my fiancée on my arm and I am travelling to California stronger than I’ve ever been. Not many people can go through what I have and survive. I feel proud that I can lift my head high and stand to get out of bed in the morning when my past dictates that I should want to lay in bed and pull the covers over my head.

And from here on out, I will only continue to grow stronger.

“KATY!!!” is the first thing me and Dylan here as we leave departures. Next thing I know, there’s a 5” 3 blur of red hair practically tackling me to the floor.

“Oh god, I’ve missed you so much. I was having withdrawal symptoms,” Amy practically screams in my ear as she pulls me impossibly closer. If she squeezes me any tighter, I fear my child may make an unexpected arrival.

“I missed you too Amy, however, my baby and I would love to be able to breathe right about now,” I laugh.

She only hugs me tighter.

“Yeah well, you should have thought about that before you got on a plane and left for England, leaving me here with Kyle. Don’t get me wrong, I love his company, but I haven’t been able to gossip about Lucy at the checkout in Walmart in what feels like forever! Did you know she had another dramatic break up in the home goods isle?” and this is why I love my best friend.

I feel Dylan’s hand rest on my back and his laugh that soothes me drift into my eyes. I can’t help but laugh along with him.

“Amy, I know you’ve missed Katy, but our child needs to stay in her for a good few more months and I would rather you didn’t squeeze them out of her,” he laughs, practically forcing Amy to let ago. As soon as her arms unwrap around me, another pair replaces them.

“I missed you too preggo,” Kyle laughs in my ear.

“And I missed you too asshole.”

“What, no love for your best friend?!” I hear Dylan exclaim, “Katy got flung at by Amy and I don’t even get hugged first from you? No that’s it, this bromance is officially over,” Dylan rages as he picks up our suitcases and starts to make his way to the exit.

I feel Kyle let go of me and start running after Dylan, “No wait man you know I love you, dude wait up!”

Amy loops her arm through mine as we follow our men to the door.

“What idiots,” Amy laughs.

“You got that right.”

Oh, how I’ve missed my apartment.

Oh, how I’ve missed my bedroom.

Oh, how I’ve missed my view.

I never realised until now just how much I missed California.

This place has been my home for five years. I’ve grown used to the warm climate, the ocean being right on my doorstep, the beauty of the country that surrounds me. Leaving here will be a lot harder than I first thought.

England may have been my first home, but California was my saviour. I grew into my own person here, I became stronger and braver and a hell of a lot wiser. I owe this beautiful country so much, and I owe the girl singing along to the TV even more.

When I was a mess, lonely and lost in humungous country, she saved me.

She showed me what it was like to have a proper, unconditional friendship. A friendship where you can stay up gossiping until 3am about everyone and everything. A friendship where you can sit in bed, glass of wine in one hand and a box of tissues in the other, while you watch ‘The Notebook’. A friendship where there are no secrets and no misunderstandings and complete and utter ease.

I will miss her more than anything.

Even sitting here, staring at the suitcase that needs unpacking while thinking about leaving my best friend behind, has nearly reduced me to tears. Now, I don’t know if it’s the pregnancy hormones that are making me want to cry, and admittedly I did nearly cry earlier because I put my shoes on the wrong feet, but I can’t help but well up when I imagine moving thousands of miles away from my best friend.

“Hey sweetheart, what’s wrong?” I see Dylan sweep into the room before bending down in front of me and wiping the tears that have poured from my eyes.

“I’m really, really going to miss Amy,” I sob.

Dylan pulls me against his chest, rubbing my back in soothing circles to try and control my sobs.

“I know sweetheart, I know,” he whispers.

I don’t know how long I cry for, but when I pull away, there’s a wet patch staining Dylan’s shirt.

“Sorry for blubbering like an emotional wreck, I don’t know what’s wrong with me lately,” I admit.

“Hey, don’t you dare apologise. It was me that got you into this state anyways,” he gestures to my stomach while smirking, “the least I can do is put up with your crying.”

“That is very true, you were the one that made me gain ten pounds, have the emotional capacity of a hormonal teenager, and crave foods that should be banned by the health code. I blame you for the mess that is me right now, and because of that, I believe you should unpack my suitcase for me,” I smile sweetly at me. He only smirks back.

“Your wish is my command your highness. Would you like me to kiss your feet while I’m at it?”

“Actually yes, yes I would,” I laugh.

He stands up, taking my left foot into his hand and slowly pulling off my sock. Bending forward, he trails little kisses on my foot, moving slowly up to my ankle and then my calf. I can’t help but let my breathe catch in my throat.

Slowly, agonizingly, he moves higher and higher, first reaching my knee, my thigh, my hip. I can’t take this torture anymore.

Reaching forward, I grab his collar and pull him on top of me.

“I thought you wanted me to unpack your suitcase?” he smirks at me.

“The suitcase can wait.”