A Drunken Mistake - ... I will find her again.

So this is it, the big goodbye scene!!

I promise this book isn't over yet, we still got a way to go!

I hope you like it, it took me forever to write!

So vote and comment as always, let me know what you think!

Thanks!! :)

Enjoy! :) <3

 'You know you love someone when the mere thought of losing them brings you to tears.'

Dylan’s POV

The airport is overcrowded and noisy, filled with emotional goodbyes and hellos. Every inch of the airport is filled with couples, families, friends, all embracing, nearly all crying or smiling.

In an hour, we will be one of those couples, clinging to each other for dear life, never wanting to say goodbye.

I can’t believe how fast this week has gone, how fast the hours have merged together. She’s leaving, getting on that aeroplane and going half way across the country. When will I next see her?

That thought kills me inside. When will I get to see her again, when I will I next get to talk to her? It hurts so much that for now, while she’s next to me and her hand is in my hand, I’m not going to think of it. I’m not going to let the painful thoughts of the future make me angry while I’m still in the present with her. Even if I do only have an hour left of it.

We’re currently sitting at her gate, waiting for her flight to board. While she was checking in, I bought a ticket for the flight, not that I’m going to use it; I just want to see her off to the very end. If I even tried to get on that plane, Katy would kill me, slowly followed by Michael. She cares about me too much to let me leave this life, that’s what she says anyway.

What she doesn’t realise is I would leave this life in England in a heartbeat to be with her. There’s nothing holding me here, not my parents or school, nothing. But I also know my parents would hunt me down, and be outraged at the bad publicity this would bring onto them; I don’t think I could take their anger to that degree.

At this time, Michael and Sarah are currently gazing through the duty free, seeing how cheap they can get their booze here, leaving me and Katy in peace here alone.

She’s leaning against me, her head resting gently on my shoulder, her hand clinging onto mine with dear life, her other hand snaked around my waist. I lean down slowly to kiss the top of her head, letting the smell of vanilla fill my senses. I’m going to miss that smell.

She slowly lifts her head to face me until our eyes lock and her gaze captures mine. She starts moving towards me slowly until our foreheads are resting against each other’s and I can feel her minty breathe fan my face.

“Please, don’t leave me…” I whisper as I look deeply into her eyes. They fill with sadness as the words leave my mouth, and I catch them slowly filling with unshed tears.

“I don’t want to leave you…” she whispers back, her voice catching slightly on the last word as the emotions get too much for her and a stray tear starts to make its way down her face. I catch it gently with my finger before it falls off, moving my hand afterwards to cup her cheek.

She bits her lip while staring at mine, making me want to close the little distance that’s left between us so bad that is physically hurts. But she does it for me.

Suddenly her lips have captured mine in passion, excitement… urgency. Like she needs my lips on hers just as much as I need hers on mine, like she doesn’t want to let me go as much as I don’t want to let her go.