A Drunken Mistake - I promise mum, I'll look after it for you.

Dedication to Teacup76 for making my amazing new cover 

Thank u so much!

'The ones that love us never really leave us. You can always find them in your heart.'

Katy’s POV

The past few weeks have made me happier than I’ve been for years. I’ve never smiled or laughed as much as I have these weeks, I haven’t felt freer.

He makes me happy; he makes me feel like me again. The me I was when everything was right, the me I was before I got broken. But I still have a way to go, I haven’t completely let go yet, I just can’t.

But, deep down inside, I know one day I will. I know that one day I will feel completely comfortable with him, utterly free.

“Are you going to come back to Earth, or do you like your daydream a little too much,” Dylan laughs as I snap back into the present.

“Hmm… now Mr Thompson, you propose a difficult question there. I mean life here is always fun,” I say with fake enthusiasm, “but then again, my daydreams are like a walk through candy land,” I smile sarcastically.

He just laughs at me and goes back to his painting. He’s been working on it none stop lately, throwing the other one he was painting before out and starting completely fresh. The thing is though, he won’t let me see. He sits there hunched over it, blocking it out of my view.

He knows how much this annoys me; in fact he loves how much it annoys me. He says that way the surprise will be better. A load of bull if you ask me, but it’s a nice idea if you think about it, I’ve never been one for surprises though.

Not all surprises are good.

“Please let me see,” I beg, pouting and giving him my puppy dog eyes.

“Let me think about that,” he sits there, looking into the distance, stroking his invisible beard, “no, I want to see your face when I show it to you. But it has to be finished, what’s the point in revealing my masterpiece when it’s half finished?” he states, raising his eyebrows.

Hmm… he’s got me there.

“Fair play, I can’t argue with that,” I smile and sigh.

Damn him and his smart ways.

“So Miss… oh my god, I don’t know your last name. How did that happen?”

“Maybe because you’ve never paid attention before. You’re worse than me when it comes to daydreams, and my last names Taylor.” I laugh at him, silly boy.

“Hmm… Katy Taylor, I like it. So Miss Taylor, what would you say if I told you I was taking you out on a date tonight,” he looks at sheepishly.

I snap my head to look at him. Seriously, he’s taking me out on a date. Wow, I’ve never been on a date before.

“I would say, what makes you so sure I’ll agree to go?”  I smirk at him.

“Well, if you didn’t I may have to go down the road of kidnapper and nobody wants that, so I think it’s just safer if you say yes,” he smiles.

“You drive a hard bargain there, while it’s always fun to get kidnapped, I think I’ll just save you the hassle and say yes,” I smile up at him as I see his face go from laughing into complete happiness.

“Believe me now, you won’t regret that,”

Dylan’s POV