A Drunken Mistake - "Will you marry me?"

Ummm.... Hello

Please don't kill me! I think it's nearly been a year since I've posted on this story and for that I'm very, very sorry! Actually... looking at the story, it's been exactly a year today that I posted! Spooky....

The chapter I'm posting isn't brilliant... it's just something to get me back into the story.

From now on I will try my goddamn hardest to update regurarly. I know I've promised this before and then not followed through with it but I will try harder. I don't want to let you guys down again.

So, anyways... I'm back baby and this time the story will be finised!

Enjoy the chapter and don't give me too much hate in the comments for running away for about a million years!

"But I believe in true love, you know? I don't believe that everybody gets to keep their eyes or not get sick or whatever, but everybody should have true love, and it should last at least as long as your life does." 

Dylan’s POV

I swear my heart was trying to rip itself from my body. It’s constant and pounding beating vibrates my whole chest until I’m convinced it can be seen through my suit.

I hope Katy is enjoying her treasure hunt.

I’ve put a serious amount of thought into all the places she needed to go while we were here. She needed to see her parents; she needed to go to the place where we first met. She needed to face the house that was once a prison to her. I just hope that once she’s there, she realises how far she’s come.

She’s grown in ways I never imagined she could. She’s no longer the girl that needed protecting from the monsters, she’s strong and she can fight them off herself.

And now she’s going to be a mother.

I have no doubt in my mind that there will be no better mother than Katy.  Our child will be so loved that they will have no doubt in their mind that their childhood was a happy one. I want them to look back and smile at the memories. I don’t want their eyes to cloud over with sadness and resentment like Katy’s and mine does, I refuse to let that happen.

It’s then that I hear the roaring of a motorcycle.

Katy’s arrived.

My heart starts pounding even faster if that’s possible, until I’m convinced I’m having a heart attack. I’ve never been so nervous to see anyone before.

Only Katy has this effect over me, the power to make my heart beat at an abnormal speed.

I hear the door open and there she is, smiling proudly at me as the wind gently blows her hair around her face.

I’ve never seen such a beautiful sight.

The skyline stretching across London has nothing on Katy, it’s dull in comparison. She slowly walks towards me until we’re face to face, until I can see every shade of blue and grey in her eyes.

“Thank you,” she whispers as tears start to fill the eyes I love.

I gently wipe them away with my thumb as I pull her closer until our foreheads are touching.

“You’re very welcome,” I smile at her and watch as her mouth stretches into a similar smile.

“It was beautiful. I went everywhere that was important; you didn’t forget a single place. No one has ever done anything that sweet, thank you,” she sighs as her eyes drift close while she keeps the megawatt smile on her face. She looks beautiful.

“Well, there was reason behind the journey.”

Katy’s eyes slowly blink open as she looks at me, “yeah? What was it?”

“I wanted you to see how far you’ve come since we first met. You’re so brave and I wanted you to see exactly how brave you are. You faced things that people can’t even imagine; you’re the strongest person I know. Hopefully, by travelling back into the past we’ve overcome, you can see how much you’re overcome it and how strong you really are.”

Once again, Katy’s eyes fill with tears. The pregnancy hormones are in full motion today.

“Thank you,” she says again before crashing her lips to mine.

I kiss her back just as aggressively as she’s kissing me, showing how much I love her not by words but by actions. She grips my neck desperately, pulling my impossibly closer to her until I can feel her bump in all its glory. The bump that’s keeping our child safe until their ready to face this world.

I can’t help but smile at the thought of our child being there.

Reluctantly, I pull away to breathe.

“I love you, I love you so much Dylan,” she sighs.

I smile at the sound of those words leaving her lips, I will never tire of hearing time.

“I love you more.”

Katy just laughs, “Impossible.”

She has no clue how wrong she is about that. No one could ever love someone as much as I love Katy.

“There’s another reason I bought you here,” I smile at her.

“Okay,” she looks at me confused as I gently take her hand and pull the engagement ring off it.

Now she looks even more confused.

“I realised my last proposal was a little rushed, I was just so desperate to get those words out before you left that I didn’t get a chance to tell you all the things I wanted to,” she smiles softly at me as I bend down to one knee, “this is my do over.”

I look into the eyes that I love so much as the alight with happiness. Every time they look like that I feel amazing knowing I was the one to put the happiness there. They are truly a different picture to the ones I saw painted five years ago.

“Katy Taylor, you are my soul mate. I never used to believe in them until I first laid eyes on you. You had a sadness that I wanted to fix and a life I wanted to save you from. But it turns out you didn’t need me to save you; you were the one to save yourself. You didn’t need someone to rescue you; you just needed someone to love. I feel extremely privileged to be the guy that gets this honour.

Katy, I will love you for as long as I’m breathing and then centuries after that. My heart will always beat for you. I want to spend the rest of my life making you smile, making you laugh, and making you feel loved. My life will be empty without you, so I never plan to let you go. You’re stuck with me now, a washed up actor with lame jokes and terrible dance moves,” Katy giggles at that part, “I can’t promise it will always be smooth sailing, I can’t promise that I’ll never be an asshole or lazy or boring but no one will ever love you as much as I love you, that much I can promise. And now, we have something else to share our love with,” I gently reach up and stroke the bump that holds our child, “a little boy or girl that’s ours. I am so grateful to you Katy for giving me this gift, the gift of another life. So, Katy Taylor, even though I could go on for hours telling why I love you and how much, I think it’s time I got to the vital question. Katy, will you marry me?”

A smile so bright spreads across Katy’s face as once again her eyes fill with tears.

“Of course I will,” she sighs as she pulls me back up to my feet.

It’s then that her lips crash back onto mine.