A Drunken Mistake - "I'm sorry Katy,"

Here we go guys, another chapter!

This story really is nearly finished now, I don't know how many chapters left, but I know it's not a lot. 

That makes me so sad it's unreal... I have to say goodbye soon :'( 

Okay so please vote, comment all that stuff because I really love it when you do. I like knowing that you like my chapters, it encourages me to write me...

Thank you guys as always :)

Enjoy <3

'Understand that no matter how many times you say you're sorry it won’t wash away all the pain and hurt you caused and the tears you made me cry.'

Dylan’s POV

“Licence and registration please sir,” the police officer drawls out, his American accent shining.

I hand over the right documents as he looks over them slowly, too slowly.

“I’m sorry officer, but I was in quite a rush to get home,” I say, hinting at the fact that I’m still in that rush.

“Hmm…and why’s that?” he asks still looking at my licence, but I can clearly see that he doesn’t give a crap about my reasons; he wants to delay me further.

“I have this feeling that my fiancée is in terrible danger, I don’t know how I know I just can feel it here,” I say and point to my chest where my heart sits, beating itself to death.

“A feeling? You have a feeling that your fiancée is in danger?” he asks finally looking at me with his eyebrows raised in disbelief.

“Yes sir, a feeling.”

“So you’re putting the lives around you, including your own, in danger by going over the speed limit all because you have a feeling something terrible is happening?” okay the way he’s talking to me now is really starting to piss me off.

“Yes sir,” I grind through gritted teeth, “It’s happened to her before.”

“She’s been in danger before?” he asks me, but once again he’s clearly not interested.

“Yes, a couple of months ago she was kidnapped by her foster father and kept in the woods, before that he had been abusing her for years,” I state, praying that this will make him realise that I’ve really got to go.

This finally makes him take me seriously.

“Is the woman you’re talking about called Katy Taylor by any chance?” the officer asks.

I look at him in disbelief, he knows Katy.

“Yes, she is sir.”

“I was helping with her case at one point, heard some very disturbing things when it comes to that girl I’ll tell you. It made me lose a little respect for human kind that someone could do something so terrible to someone so innocent. It broke my heart,” the police officer sighs, who’s name I can see is George from his name tag.

He looks over me with sympathy. He understands now.

“I can see that you love this girl and you’re worried about her, god knows I would be. So you get home, forget about the ticket. But please for your safety and the other drivers, do it safely,” George tells me, handing me back my documents.

I feel complete appreciation towards this unknown man as he taps my roof and heads back towards his car. He doesn’t know me, he doesn’t even know Katy really only by story, but yet he cares enough to let me off the law. He cares enough that her story broke his heart.