(HF) Chapter Twenty-Three: Torn by Destiny

(The scene opens to show Forrest and Luna standing a short distance away from the rest of the group.)

Forrest: Well, Luna... You said that you wanted to speak with me for the next battle. I was thinking that this would be the perfect time for us to go on and get it taken care of. 

Luna: Ah... That. I want you to know before I start talking that this... This is something you were not meant to find out from me. Your parents should have been the ones to explain this, but... If that wasn't meant to be, then the duty falls to me. 

Forrest: It seems to be rather serious... Do you not want anyone else to know about this?

Luna: No, I don't. This should be heard by you and you alone for the time being. What you wish to do with this information afterwards is your choice. 

Forrest: I don't think I've ever seen you looking so grim... I know that you're regularly rather serious, but this seems to be taking it to a different level. 

Luna: That's because this is an incredibly sensitive subject. I didn't want to be the one to tell you given that I have not been aware of it for very long myself, but... It cannot be avoided. 

Forrest: Does this have anything to do with the way you were discussing your guardian after the last battle? You never called her your mother even if she was the one who raised and defended you... 

Luna: It does. This subject is very serious, and I would rather we not be interrupted while talking about it. 

Forrest: That's why we're away from everyone else... I see. 

Luna: Exactly. Now, why don't we get this over wi--

(The two are interrupted when Kana, Kanaya, Shigure, and Lyci run up to them.)

Kanaya: Forrest! Luna! We're under attack! There are soldiers coming towards us again!

Shigure: We should prepare ourselves for the coming fight. I don't want anything to happen to us while we're separated like this. 

Lyci: The rest of the group is already getting ready for what's to come, so you should come with us to prepare yourselves. 

Kana: I know that you were going to talk about something serious, but you can take care of that after the fight. 

Shigure: For now, there are much more pressing matters to take care of, so let's resolve those first. 

(Kana, Kanaya, Shigure, and Lyci exit.)

Forrest: That's a shame... Will you be able to tell me about this after the fight ends?

Luna: So long as we both survive, I think that would be alright... Don't get hurt out there, alright? If you want the truth, you have to pull through this battle. 

Forrest: I'll do what I have to in order to stay safe... And you should do the same too. 

Luna: I will. Now, let's see what this battle is about... I doubt it's going to be an easy one, so we might as well get into it. 

(The battle begins. Your units are stationed around the middle of the map with enemies on the right and left. The boss is at the far side of the room, and the camera pans over to show who it is. Lilith stands in the throne space.)

Lyci: Wait... Mother?!

Shigure: I don't think that's your mother at all... In fact, I believe that we've come across the version of Lilith from this timeline.