(C) Chapter Nineteen: Eternal Stairway

(The chapter starts with Leo approaching Corrin. The day is almost over and the army is preparing to make camp for the night)

Leo: Corrin, I have bad news.

Corrin: What is it?

Leo: I went looking for Nyx to see if she was ready for our daily meeting, but I can't find her.

Corrin: You can't find her? Where could she be?

Leo: I don't know. I searched everywhere, but I haven't seen her. I heard Iago has gone missing as well.

Corrin: Is it just me, or has she been acting kind of strange lately? Especially when Iago is around.

Leo: I've noticed it too. Ever since we left Nestra, she seems kind of on edge.

Corrin: We should try and talk to her after we find her.

Leo: There's one place I think she might be. Have you heard of the Eternal Stairway?

Corrin: I'm afraid not.

Leo: It's a route into Hoshido. It's not advised for travelers, part of an army or otherwise, since dangerous situations arise there all the time. Some theorize the place may be haunted. I know that's highly improbable, but few have gotten out alive. Nobody ever wants to investigate since it's so risky.

Corrin: Do you think she wandered off and got stuck there?

Leo: It's possible. It isn't too far from where we're making camp. I told Father it wasn't a good idea to be so close, but he refused to listen.

Corrin: Damn... Let's get our troops together. We can leave and search for her. We'll be back before anybody notices.

Leo: Alright. I'm on it.

Corrin: Nyx... Please be okay...

(The scene changes to show the army standing in the Eternal Stairway)

Camilla: Corrin, we've been searching for quite some time, and there's no sign of her.

Corrin: She has to be around here somewhere. Nyx!

Elise: I hope she's okay...

Azura: Wait... Do you hear that?

Xander: Hear what?

Azura: It sounds like growling...

(A large group of Faceless appears)

Corrin: Leo... I think I figured out why the Eternal Stairway is so dangerous.

Leo: Faceless can't form on their own. Someone must have raised them.

???: That would be me.

(Iago teleports in. He is holding Nyx in a choke hold)

Corrin: Nyx!!

Nyx: Lord Corrin... I...

Iago: Oh, you were looking for your little tactician, were you? Well, you aren't getting her back. I have a score to settle with her.

Camilla: Iago, I'm warning you...

Iago: King Garon won't let you hurt me, and you know it. You may be his children, but that means nothing to him. I'm his advisor in this war. He wouldn't know or care if you mysteriously died at the hands of Faceless...