Chapter 29

*Edited*

A high pitch noise went off around the room and I had to hold my hands against my ears to lesson it.

I hear something walking heavily and I turn to see a broken legionnaire standing there. "No." It said then turned to face us. "How could you be worthy? You're all killers."

"Stark." Steve said wanting him to figure how to shut this robot down. "Jarvis." Tony said holding out his phone.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or I was a dream." It says. "Reboot Legionnaire OS. We got a buggy suit." Tony said trying get something to work.

"There was this terrible noise. And I was tangled in...in...strings." It said as it looks at its torn out body. "I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy." The robot admitted.

"You killed someone?" Steve asks it. "Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world, were faced with ugly choices." It said.

"Who sent you?" Thor asked. The robot started to play a recording. "I see a suit of armor around the world." I heard Tony's voice and I looked at him.

"Ultron." Banner said and he lifted his head up at the mention of his name. "In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this chrysalis." He says.

I started use my powers getting ready for something. Maria got off the couch with her gun in her hand. "But I'm ready. I'm on mission." Ultron says.

"And what could that be?" I asked him. He looked at me with its blue eyes. "Peace in our time." He said before a group of legionnaries busted through the walls behind him and started to attack us.

I ducked behind a chair to cover myself. Steve kicked the table up and in front of him. A legionnaire hit the table and it shoved Steve across the lounge. I fire a shot at a robot breaking it before turning around to shoot another one. Before I did the scepter was touching my chest and my eyes turned black before turning to a bright blue.

I took the scepter and made a portal. I was about to step through it when my arm was caught by someone.

Tony saw Ever's eyes were a bright blue and he froze. Ever yanked her arm out of his grip and stepped through the portal closing it after herself.

~•~

Steve just threw his shield at the last legionnaire. "That was dramatic." Ultron says.

"I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve?" Ultron said then picked up a broken legionnaire. "With these? These puppets." The broken legionnaire mask popped off and Ultron threw it away. "There's only one path to peace. The Avengers extinction." He said before Thor throws his hammer at it breaking him into pieces.

"I had strings but now I'm free." Ultron said before he left the legionnaire.