Chapter 52

I woke up at home in me and Tony's bed. The room was dark but I could still see light shine through the windows. Tony was sitting at the edge of the bed as he finally looks up and see me move to lean against the headboard.

"What happened?" I asked him. I can barely remember what went down but I still get bits and pieces.

"James got shot from your blast. Fell and hit the ground hard, probably won't be able to walk. Steve and Bucky escaped with the rest of them getting arrested. Including Natasha, because T'Challa told Secretary Ross about her helping them escape." Tony explained to me. Oh god. How could I do that to James. He probably won't be able to do anything anymore and it's all my fault.

I nodded my head. What's done is done so there's really nothing I can do. I'll probably give Rhodey an apology gift, and a million of them. I looked at Tony and I can tell he has more to say. "Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?" He asked me.

I guess one of the doctors or nurses told them what was happening with me. "I was going to tell you."

"When?" He cut me off. "We're you going to tell me after the fact you put yourself in danger? Did you plan to take care of our kid by yourself? Haven't I proven to you how much I love you!" Tony starts to yell at me making me feel even more like shit for delaying this type of news. "I am in love with you Ever. I thought you respected me enough to tell me everything."

"I'm in love with you as well!" I screamed back. "I can't even express how much you affect me. Believe me I wanted to tell you, but the Sokovia Accords came up ,and Steve got arrested, and then we just had a fight our friends. You were busy trying to help your friends. I'd didn't want to distract you. You're already stressed enough thanks to that lady who made you feel guilty for her dead son." I ranted.

I watch as Tony sat down on his side of the bed and he pulled me down with him. We laid on our sides facing one other. He brought his hand up to my cheek and then moved it to the back of my neck, pulling me closer.

My lips connected with his for a short while before he pulled away, wiping away my tears. "All of those problems would have been dropped. I would have done anything for you. Nothing and nobody can compare to you and I'll be damned if I ever let you go after I finally get to have you. You are my everything, you are my heart. You will always come before anything." He whispered to me and that just makes me cry even more.

I pulled him back to me for a more deeper kiss. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with this man. His watched beeped as he got a notification. He pulled away and looked down as a hologram appeared. "What am I looking at, Friday?" He asked his A.I.

"Priority upload from Berlin police." Friday said.

Tony looked back over to me. "I know how important this is to you." I told him and he shakes his head in disagreement. "I'm not leaving you." He told me.

"I'll be fine. No more crime fighting from me. Besides nothing is really happening with the stones and we haven't made any strong alien enemies as of lately. As of now I am retired for the sake of our child, but I know you can't stop so please, do what you must." I said and I see the same hesitation in his eyes from when I had thrown up.

"Promise me, you'll stay here when I return. I want to take care of you while you go through what could be the hardest the 9 months of your life?" Tony asked me.

I pulled him down for our final kiss of the day. "I promise." I smiled at him before looking down at his watch. "Friday, fire up the chopper." I ordered.

Tony stared at me one last time before he left the room.

(This is as emotional as I can write. This shit is hard when you have no experience in this situation. Single life is hard.)