Chapter 9

*Edited*

It's been two years since me and Tony got together. We were still going strong and it has been the best two years of my life. Of course he has been annoying, irritating and of course a big narcissist but there are some good qualities about him.

"Good to go on this end. The rest is up to you." Tony said as he flies out the water and head back to Stark Tower.

"Did you disconnected the transmission lines? Are we off the grid?" I asked him over the call.

"Stark Tower is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy." He answered.

"If the arc reactor takes over and actually work." I said explains the potential problem.

"That is a big if" Tony said. "Light her up." He demanded and I pressed the button that would confirm everything. "What does it look like?" I asked him.

"Like Christmas, but with more me." He answered. "You and Pepper need to go wider on the public awareness campaign. Do some press or something." I told him.

"Eve, your killing me. Remember, enjoy the moment." Tony told me as he landed on a platform. "Then hurry up and get home." I told him seductively.

I got a call from Phil, but I decided to ignore it. I know it's bad to ignore another agent but it's my day off. Even though it could be important and potentially be a life or death situation but this is my only day off and I want to spend it with Tony.

"Levels are holding steady, I think" I told him as he walked inside. "Of course they are. I was directly involved." He said and walked over to me

"This all came from you. Stark Tower is your baby." He told me and I just smile at him. "This whole idea came from that." I said and pointed to the thing in his chest.

"Give yourself 12% of the credit. You helped me build all of this." He told me and I stare at him like he was crazy. "12%?" I repeated and walked away from him.

"An argument can be made for 15." He said. "12% of my baby." I laughed out. "Well, I did do all the heavy lifting. Literally, I lifted the heavy things." He said and I sat down by a table and poured us a glass of champagne. "I'm going to pay for that comment about percentages in some subtle way later, aren't I? He asked all ready knowing what's going to happen.

"You know me so well." I smiled at him. "The next tower will have the word 'Ever' on it. I promise." Tony promised me.

"Why can't my last name be on it and I don't want a tower, I want the lease." I said.

"Because your last name on a tower would be too long." He told me before Jarvis spoken up. "Sir the telephone. I'm afraid my protocols are being overridden." He said.

"Mr.Stark, we need to talk." I heard Phil say from Tony's phone. Tony sighed and picked his phone up and held it across from him. "You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark." I laugh at his failed attempt of getting rid of Phil. No one gets rid of Phil, unless it's Fury. "Please leave a message."

"This is urgent." Phil said.

"Then leave it urgently." Tony said. We heard the elevator door open and we turn to see Phil Coulson standing there with his phone to his ear. "Security breach." Tony exclaimed.

"Phil." I greeted and he looked at me. "Agent Evergreen. You missed a call." He said looking for an answer on why I didn't pick up my phone. "It's my day off." I said and he nodded his head

"Phil?" Tony asked as I got up to see what he needed. "His first name is 'Agent.'" I ignore Tony's comments and walked in front of Phil. "We're celebrating." I told him. "Which is why he can't stay." Tony added.

"We need you both to look this over as soon as possible." Phil said getting straight to the point. I hurriedly drunk my champagne and sat it on a near by table. "I don't like to be handed things." Tony said.

"We can trade." I said and took Tony's untouched champagne then I grabbed the laptop Phil was holding and put it in Tony's hand then gave Phil Tony's champagne.

"Official consulting hours are between 8 and 5 every other Thursday." Tony told Phil. "This isn't a consultation." Phil said then me and Tony went to his desk to check what was given to us

"You know, I thought we were having a moment." Tony said. "I was having 12% of a moment." I said and Tony looked at me with irritation in his eyes.

Tony pulled whatever was on the laptop on to the hologram screens and I just stare at every video that was playing. "We have a lot of homework." I said and watch the hulk destroy a lot of stuff.

"What if we didn't have any homework?" Tony asked. I had a knowing smirk on my face and brought my mouth close to his ear and whisper something that could happen in our bedroom and a pretty sexy lingerie that was waiting for him.

I pulled away from him and he has excitement on his face. "Let's get to work." He said determined and I laugh. I looked back to where Phil was but he was no longer there.

I turned back to the screen and saw this blue cube. It looked so familiar to me so I picked up the hologram to get a closer look. "What's wrong?" Tony asked. "Nothing it just looks familiar to me like I've seen it before." I shook my head and we started our work.