Chapter 8

*Edited*

I saw Pepper standing by herself with a dead Hammer drone laying on the steps. "Pepper are you okay?" I asked. She looked my way and she looked surprise to see me.

"Oh my God what's wrong? Are you hurt?" I ask confuse on why she made a face. "Your hair." She said pointing at my hair. I grabbed a piece of my hair to see I forgot to change it back. "Did Tony forget your tell you about me?" I asked her and she looked even more shock.

"Okay, Pepper. I need you to calm down okay can you do that." I asked and she nodded her head. "Okay my real is Ever Evergreen. And I am a secret agent. I was assigned to watch and or protect Tony but ever since we all met and Tony's constantly flirting with me, I have been growing feelings for him." I said to her to make this story short . She looked like she was about to say something but I cut her off. "Yes Tony knows about me and freakishly he forgave me but said we need to work on my trust and honesty. I don't know why he wants to be with me when we barely know each other but I guess all the small moments we spent together made him realize what he wants and sadly it did for me." I said

"I was gonna say that Tony deserves the best and that you could give him that." Pepper said and I just smile at her.

All of a sudden the dead drone started to beeping and the circle chest piece was blinking red. Me and Pepper looked at it confusedly and was just watching. I grabbed on to Pepper because I had this feeling that it was about to blow up. I heard something to my right and saw Tony flying towards us. He immediately grabbed onto us and flew away as the drone exploded. He flew us to safety on a roof away from all the explosions and we landed harshly on the roof.

Pepper had pushed him away and Tony took his Iron Man helmet off because it was starting to bug out. "Oh, my God! I can't take this anymore." Pepper said.

"You can't? Look at me!" Tony said. I rolled my eyes because like always they were about to argue. "My body, literally, cannot handle the stress. I never know if you're gonna kill yourself or wreck the whole company." Pepper said

"I think I did okay." Tony arm gestured to all the smoke from the explosions of the drones.

"I quit. I'm resigning. That's it." Pepper stuttered out. I tuned out most of their conversation until I saw Pepper leave and I took this chance to talk to Tony.

"So, superhero. What are you gonna do now that you saved the world?" I asked him and he stared at me.

"Maybe spend the time with the people that care about me. You know, the usual." He said and I laugh at him from repeating what I had told him on his birthday. "Who are those special people?" I asked.

He didn't answer me. All he did was lean down and kissed me on the lips. Fireworks went off in my head as I kissed him back. I pulled away and smiled up at him. "Will you please go out with me?" He asked again.

"Yes" I said before bringing him back into a kiss. Before we could continue we got interrupted. "Well this is weird." We heard Rhodey say. I pulled away to look at him. He was sitting down and was also still in his suit just watching us.

"It's about time you got a girlfriend. You have been looking like a lost puppy whenever you get rejected by her.

I started to blush at the fact that we were caught. "Here's the thing. We've have been..." I tried to explain but he cut me off. "You don't have to do that. I heard the whole thing." He said

Tony pointed at him. "You should get lost," he said. "I was here first. Get a roof." James rebuttal.

Tony laughs. "I thought you were out of one-liners." He stated. "That's the last one." Rhodes said.

"You kicked ass back there, by the way." Tony congratulated. "Thank you. You too," Rhodes said. "Listen, my car got taken out in the explosion, so I'm gonna have to hang on to your suit for a minute, okay?" Rhodes said.

"Not okay. Not okay with that." Tony said and Rhodey got stood up. "It wasn't a question." He said then flew up into the sky.

"Where should we go for our first date?" Tony ask me and I just laugh.

~•~

Avengers will be next.