Chapter 67

Steve stood outside after their attempt to time travel had failed. He felt like they were never going to get this done in time. His thoughts came to a halt when the sound of a speeding car was heard. Steve looked up and sees a black car driving past and into the Avengers facility driveway. The car brakes a bit past Steve before it reverses so the driver's window was right in front of him.

Tony rolls down his windows and the two just stared at each other. He had left Morgan with Pepper at home and he made another promise that he will return with Ever. "Why the long face?" Tony asks. "Let me guess, he turned into a baby."

"Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?" Steve asked him.

"It's the EPR Paradox." Tony said and gets out of his car. "Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky, dangerous. Somebody could have cautioned you against it."

"You did." Steve said.

"Oh, did I?" Tony asked shocked sarcastically. "Well, thank god I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it." Tony held up a metal band that was on his knuckles. "A fully functioning time-space GPS. I just want peace." He then holds up the peace sign and closed the driver door. "Turns out resentment is corrosive, and I hate it."

"Me too." Steve said. It never sat well that him and Tony were no longer friends. Even though he was very good friends with Howard, he felt the same friendship he had with him, with Tony.

"And I made a promise to someone a couple years ago. I would like to do my part of that before she comes back from the grave and kills me herself. We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities. Bring back what we lost, I hope, yes. Keep what I found, I have to, at all costs. And maybe not die trying. Would be nice."

Steve held his hand out. "Sounds like a deal." He said. Tony took his hand, happy that Steve agreed to his terms and then walks to the trunk of his car.

He opened it and pulled out the Captain America shield. He walks back over to Steve. Steve sighs as he sees the shield that took part in what made him into the man he is today, what he use to be to everyone. "Tony, I don't know." He said hesitating to take back his shield.

"Why? He made it for you. Plus, honestly, I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding." He flips the shield around and Steve put his arm through the strap.

"Thank you, Tony." Steve said.

"Will you keep that a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team. We are getting the whole team, yeah?" He asked as he closes his trunk. Thor was somewhere a good couple miles away and Clint was MIA going down a very dark path.

"We're working on that right now.