Chapter 59

(I skipped the scene where Strange goes into the future)

|•|

A portal opened and Thanos had stepped out of it. Our plan was that we hid ourselves from him and only Strange will be present. Like a sneak attack. Then we use mantis to paralyze him long enough for us to get the gauntlet away from him. Then lastly I will take the stones and kill him completely.

What Stephen said earlier still scares me. Out of 14 thousand outcomes only 1 will be able to survive this war.

Thanos looked around to see all the rusty and heavily damage buildings around him. There were a few smaller rocks floating in mid air.

"Oh, yeah." Strange spoke up making Thanos look at him. "You're much more of a Thanos."

"I take it the Maw is dead." Thanos said knowing that the keeper of the Time Stone wasn't here. Strange didn't say anything and that just confirms Thanos words. "This day extracts a heavy toll." He sets his eyes on the necklace around Strange and starts to slow walk to him. "Still, he accomplished his mission."

"You may regret that. He brought you face-to-face with the Master of the Mystic Arts." Strange said unfazed by Thanos walking closer to him.

"And where do you think he brought you?" Thanos asks.

"Let me guess. Your home?" Strange answered.

This planet, Titan, is Thanos home planet. The name makes sense. "It was." He bald the gauntlet up into a fist and used the reality stone. The background around me starts to change into a more beautiful planet with trees and what the buildings actually look like than what they are now. "And it was beautiful. Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution."

"Genocide." Strange said as if it was the obvious answer.

Thanos ignored that and continued his story. "But random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass." Thanos let go of his power and the background came back to the ruined buildings.

"Congratulations, you're a prophet." Strange mocked.

"I'm a survivor." Thanos corrected.

"Who wants to murder trillions."

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers." Thanos demonstrated by actually snapping his fingers. "They would all cease to exist. I call that mercy. My wife, on the other hand, didn't see it that way. Didn't believe that I don't have the power to decide who will live and who will die. Sent my child to a planet I knew not where and then killed herself so I would never get the location out of her."

Strange stood up from the rock he was sitting on. "And then what?" He asked wanting to know what he plans to do after he completes his goal.

"I finally rest... and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills." Thanos said.

"I think you'll find our will equal to yours." Strange clapped his hands together then held his golden circle magic out.

Thanos looked up at him confused. "Our?" He suddenly looks up to see a huge piece of rock was about to land on top of him.

Tony pushed the thing straight down on Thanos. "Piece of cake, Quill." Tony said.

"Yeah, if your goal was to piss him off." Quill said then put his mask on and activated his keys.

The rocks where Thanos was exploded in purple light. He switched it to red and all the debris in the air changed to birds. They start to fly towards Tony who flew away while trying to get the birds off him.