Chapter 65

Five Years Later

Tony comes out from his big wooden house. It was by a lake in the middle of a forest. This was the place him and Ever had agreed to live out the rest of their retirement. He walked towards the small little tent filled with polka dots and starts to clap his hands. "Chow time!" He yells out.

Tony crouches down towards the entrance of the tent. "Maguna." He called out and sits on the tiny chair he made for his daughter. "Morgan H. Stark, you want some lunch?" He asked.

A small toddler wearing a blue Iron Man helmet with a toy Iron Man hand blaster came out. She held her toy hand up at Tony like she was ready to shoot him. "Define lunch or be disintegrated." She ordered him.

Morgan resembles Tony the most than Ever. Hair, nose, and ears. But she had Ever's eyes and nose and that's what Tony loved most about their daughter. He spent his five years trying to be a father for her, despite the amount of times Morgan asked where her mom was. Tony best answer was, "Your mom is in the sky. She became a very beautiful star. She'll be with you every night when you go to sleep."

Morgan always told him that she could sometimes feel Ever. Tony didn't believe it, but he wasn't going to forget she said that either. Maybe it has something to do with Ever being an alien and their daughter being half human.

Tony got off the chair and kneeled down in front of Morgan. "You should not be wearing that, okay? That is part of a special anniversary gift I was making a couple of years ago." Tony whispered to Morgan. He took the helmet off and used his hands to brush down her hair. "There you go. You thinking about lunch? I can give you a handful of crickets on a bed of lettuce."

"No." The idea of crickets is disgusting to Morgan.

"That's what you want." Tony picks up the blue helmet. "How did you find this?" He asked her.

"Garage." Morgan answered.

"Really. Were you looking for it?"

"No." Morgan starts to comb through her short hair. "I found it though."

"Hmm. You like going into the garage, huh?" Tony gets up while also picking up Morgan. "So does Daddy. It's fine. It's not like she wears the things I buy her. Except for the wedding ring." Tony says the last part to himself. Not caring if Morgan heard him.

He walks back to the house and was beginning to tell Morgan what he was going to make for lunch when he stopped. He watches as Steve, Natasha, and Scott comes out the car.

Tony continues to walk up the front porch and nodded his head at them to come inside. "Daddy got some business to do with his friends. Why don't you go to the cookie jar and grab you a few of those?" He pats Morgan on the back and she runs off fro go get a cookie.

After explaining their plan to Tony, he just pours himself something to drink. "We know what it sounds like."

"Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible." Steve cut Scott off.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck scale which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?" He hands Steve the glass cup. "In layman's terms, it means you're not coming home."

"I did." Scott said.

"No. You accidentally survived. It's a billion-to-one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull a... what do you call it?" Tony makes another drink and gives it to Scott.

"A time heist?" Scott makes up a name.

"Yeah, a time heist. Of course." He looks over to Steve. "Why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable. Because it's a pipe dream."

"The stones are in the past. We could go back, we could get them." Steve said.

"We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everybody back." Natasha specified even more.

"Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?" Tony said only pointing out the negatives of this plan.

"I don't believe we would." Steve said believing this will work.

"Gotta say it. I sometimes miss that giddy optimism. However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome will be our collective demise." Tony said and sits down in the chair was outside on the porch.

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel." Scott said and he sits down as well. "All right? That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events."

Tony held his hand out in Scott's direction. "I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back to the Future? Is it?"

"No?" Scott answered calmly but was a bit nervous.

"Good, you had me worried there. 'Cause that would be horseshit. That's not how quantum physics works." Tony said.

"Tony." Natasha said being his attention to her. "We have to take a stand." She told him.

"We did stand and yet, here we are." Tony fires back.

"I know you got a lot on the line. You got a daughter, a single dad, widowed man. But I lost someone very important to me. A lot of people did. And now, now we have a chance to bring her back to bring everyone back, and you're telling me that you won't even..."

"That's right, Scott. I won't even. I can't." Tony said. Scott couldn't believe what he was saying but he couldn't look away from the depression that is in Tony's eyes right now.

Natasha scoffs at him. She was mad that he wasn't even trying to help with their plan. "It's like you don't even want her back anymore." She said to him. It was a low blow, but Nat would say anything to get Tony on board to help.

"You have never experienced what losing apart of yourself feels like when you lose someone. And it is not the same thing when you were in the red room. I spent five years wanting her to come back and I still do. But I have a daughter that needs me my full attention and I can't so I apologize that I don't want to risk losing my daughter in case something happens." Tony ranted and before anything else could be said a door opened.

Morgan soon came outside and jumped into Tony's arms. "We ran out of cookies."

"Lets go bake some more, huh?" Tony said and picks Morgan and starts to walk inside the house. "It was great seeing you guys agains and I hope this works out for you."

"Tony." Steve stopped him from moving. "I get it. I'm very happy at what you have gotten yourself in 5 years. But this is our second chance. You can finally get her back and Morgan can have a mother in her life." He told him.

"I got my second chance right here, Cap. I can't go through that feeling again." He looks over at Nat and Scott. "Don't be afraid to stay for lunch."

(I don't know what a red room is and I'm just gonna guess it's some assassin thing that Natasha was in before Nick Fury brought her into S.H.I.E.L.D. I never watched Black Widow either so no hard judging🤣)