Have A Conversation With Me

it's definitely not what you think it'll be

~unedited~

"Hey kid, go home. Get some rest." Tony said when he noticed Peter's eyes dropping and his head swaying.

"Huh?" Peter sat up and rubbed his eyes.

Tony chuckled, "I'll get Happy to drive you home."

"Nonono- I can, I can swing home." Peter got up, grabbing his bag.

Tony got up as well, taking Peter by the shoulders and guiding him to the elevator.

"What are ya doin'?" Peter mumbled.

"Driving you home." Tony said as Friday took them down to the garage.

"I can-"

"Maybe you can, but I'm driving you." Tony cut him off.

"But what about Happy?" Peter turned to look at him with questioning eyes, before yawning.

Tony sighed, how in the hell did he get so attached to this kid?

"Happy is probably already on his way home."

Tony said, pushing Peter towards a random car.

"You don't have to drive me, I can swi-"

"I'm driving you, Peter. " Tony emphasized the sentence, leaving no room for argument.

"Mk," Peter mumbled, finally getting that he wasn't going to win this argument.

He opened the passenger side door and got in the car.

Tony drove him to his apartment, pulling up close to it but not right in front of it.

They always did this, so no bystanders would get wind of Tony Stark or Tony Starks bodyguard driving some teen home. The public sure as hell would have fun with that one.

"Want me to pull all the way up so you don't have to walk?" Tony turned to face Peter, ready to drive up.

"Uh, no. I can walk, it's not that far." Peter argued, his apartment was right there, he didn't have to walk far.

"You sure? 'Cause I can drive you if you want."

"Mr. Stark, I can see the building just fine from here. Thank you, though."

Peter smiled, trying to assure Tony he could walk two minutes to his building.

"Alright," Tony have Peter's shoulder a pat as he left the car, "See you Wednesday, kiddo."

"Bye! See you Wednesday, Mr. Stark." Peter closed the car door and waved Tony to drive on instead of watching him walk up to the apartment.

The car stayed and Peter waved more aggressively, he could practically hear Tony chuckling as he drove away.

Content with the distance of him and the car, Peter turned down an ally to go out as Spider-Man instead. His tiredness long forgotten, but still lingering.