Click, Clack, Click

This is for a school project, it's younger Peter (not by much) and it's for a grade.

Enjoy, Cucumbers <3

Thirteen year old, Peter was sitting in his room, on his bed. He was watching Netflix, while his mom's cat left his room to go to hers.

Peter paused the movie he was watching, Bird Box, to go use the bathroom.

He got up and went down the hall, walking past the stairs, and down the hallway past his mothers room, where the cat had gone.
As he passed, he saw the cat, Fatty Patty, making herself comfortable on the bed.

He made it to the bathroom, beside his mother and fathers room, when he heard the front door open. The click, clack, click, sound of the persons shoes echoed throughout the empty household.

He stopped for a second, his mom and dad were not supposed to be back until Monday, it's Friday. They had gone to New York for the week, for a business trip. He walked back down the hall, silently, and peeked his head around the corner.

Peter looked down the staircase, to see what if he could see anything.

A tall, buff man, with brown shoes, and a stained gray shirt, and a slight beard, walked into the living room. He crept down the stairs, to see the man looking around, he took in every detail of the living room.

He then turned to face the dining room, the man studied it, before walking in.

Peter could still see the man from where he was, and watched as he looked around. He then turned to the hallway, that lead to the kitchen, and slowly walked down it.

Soon, Peter heard the, click, clack, click, of the man's shoes. The sound was coming closer and closer.

Peter realized the man was coming towards the stairs, he dashed back up them as quickly and quietly, as he could, and went into the first room he saw.

Peter crawled under his mom and dads bed, and Fatty Patty went out of the room, and went farther down the hall.

Click, clack, click.

Click, clack, click.

Click, clack, click.

Click, clack, click.

Peter could hear the man's shoes as he went down the hall, stopping every few moments to look at a room.

Click, clack, click.

Click, clack, click.

The footsteps came closer and closer, but then they stopped.

Then, he saw the man's shoes stop, right in front of the bed.

The man's breathing was deep as he took in the room.

It was just then that Peter realized he was mumbling something.

"Where is that kid?" Peters blood froze.

"He has to be here somewhere." Peter held his breath, hoping the man would hurry up and leave, without Peter with him.

Click, clack, click.

Peter watched as the man retreated, leaving the room.

Peter waited until all was silent, then snuck out from his hiding place.

Fatty Patty ran past him as he looked down the staircase, looking for any sign that the man was still in the house.

When he didn't hear or see, anything, he moved his entire body out from the corner.