Epilepsy

Want to know why I've been gone? Read the end note :) 

Especially read reason #3 please.

Requested by: forever_a_stargazer
Sorry it's a bit choppy :/

Peter has has epilepsy since he was little.

He's kept it a secret most of his life, but Tony found by accident.

So Peter said "fuck it" and told his teachers at school.

Little did he know, that would cause some big problems.

"What's up, epilepsy freak?" Flash slammed Peter against the lockers.

"Having epilepsy doesn't make me a freak, Flash. But it makes you a horrible person for making fun of me for having it." Peter smiled sweetly to his bully.

"Do you even have epilepsy, Parker? Or are you just trying to make everyone feel bad for you?"

"Why would I make that up?" Peter couldn't believe that Flash didn't believe him. Sure many people don't have it, but it's a real thing.

"You're lying about the internship, how do I know you're not lying about this too?"

Peter pushed Flash off of him. "You're disgusting." (D I S G U S T A N G)

"We'll see if you have Epilepsy, Parker. I'll prove you're lying."

"Okay what the fuck is your problem? Epilepsy isn't a joke, Peter would never make up something like that for attention." MJ said as she walked up to the pair.

Flash scoffed and walked off, MJ not missing a beat and flipping him off.

(Writers block. yAy)

It's been a few days and Flash has tried the most basic attempts to trigger Peter's epilepsy. But he isn't sensitive to flashing lights. That's not what triggers it.

Peter has a different case of epilepsy. Peter has Musicogenic Epilepsy. Which means he's triggered by certain types of music.

He's triggered by Jazz, which luckily isn't played anywhere that much anymore. So he doesn't have to be as cautious as some people with epilepsy. (Do you like J A Z Z)

It's not the music that triggers his epilepsy, it's the tempo and pitch and emotional associations.

Jazz was the music playing in May and Bens apartment on the day his parents dropped him off.

So Jazz is the cause of his seizures. Not flashing lights like most people think, like Flash.

So Flash's attempts actually made Peter laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"There's different types of epilepsy, Flash. Not everyone is triggered by flashing lights." Peter informed him, the look in his face was very amusing.

"What?"

Peter shrugged, "Do your research before you try anything else."