You're Somebody Else

I'm sad so here, let me share my sadness:

This ball of sadness was rushed, because I'm writing it in an uncomfortable hospital chair.

I saw the part of you
That only when you're older you will see too
You will see too

As soon as Tony saw the kid in a video on YouTube he knew he was going to do something great.

I held the better cards
But every stroke of luck has got a bleed through

Tony did have a better life than Peter, even though it wasn't the best one. Tony still had a father and mother when he was Peter's age.

He did have an okay life, compared to Peter.

It's got a bleed through

But he should've known that he couldn't always have an okay life.

You held the balance of the time

Peter had made himself the sun of Tony's life by now.

He was always clearing things so he could spend time with Peter.

So he could just see Peter.

That only blindly I could read you

He didn't exactly know what that tingling in the back on his neck were, or the thoughts that came into his mind when he looked at the kid.

But I could read you

He figured out it was like a warning. A warning that something was wrong with Peter, and he could tell it just by his movements.

It's like you told me
Go forward slowly
It's not a race to the end

"Slow down Mr. Stark! It's not a race to get to the tower ya know. " Peter laughed as Tony gave him a side glance and slowed down every few seconds until he was going the speed limit.

Well you look like yourself

Peter came in the tower everyday smiling and laughing while talking your ears off.

But you're somebody else

But slowly over time, he changed.

Only it ain't on the surface

He still smiled and laughed while talking your ears off, but it was different.

He just didn't have that sparkle in his eyes anymore.

Well you talk like yourself

His voice is normal, his laugh is normal.

No, I hear someone else though

But every time the kid said something, it started out dull, lacking his usual happiness. But Peter quickly put in fake joy when he caught it.

Now you're making me nervous

How did he not see this sooner, that tingling thing on the back of his neck was telling him something.

That Peter, wasn't okay.

You were the better part
Of every bit of beating heart that I had

Peter somehow made himself a slot in Tony's stone cold heart, making himself comfortable.

Whatever I had

Tony's heart was impossible to get to, but Peter managed to find out a way.