Chapter 18. The mission

one week later

                                                                                        Storm's POV

Oh boy, time to see if Spark can pull his weight. I'm going to assign him to kill a Pokemon League Champion, Solar (me, in the time of writing the last chapter i beat the pokemon league) of the Unova region to be exact. I called him up "yes sir?" he said "i have a mission for you" i said "i await your orders" he said "your mission is to kill the Unova Champion, Solar" i said, Spark smiled at first, then frowned "something wrong?" i asked "no, i just didn't know that Mark was de-throned" he said "you knew the previous Champion?" i asked "yeah" he said. "leave your mission awaits" i said "yes SIR" Spark shouted as he left. 

                                                                                        Spark's POV

Ugh i hate having to pretend to be loyal to this jerk. I want to battle him so bad, i could win easily. But i wont, unless he hurts Diamond. i stopped at home first to brush my fur. "i hate that uniform" Diamond said "i do to, but i have to wear it since i was just sent on a mission to kill the Unova Champion." i said grimly. "WHAT?!" Di yelled "don't worry i have a plan, my plan is to explain the plan to the trainer, then have him follow me back, then i'll stop his heart just long enough to show Storm, and then get out" i said "simple", "uhhhh, if you say so" Di said "just come back safe", "i will" i said, i gave her a kiss and dashed out. As i was running on the ocean surface, i thought about why i hate swimming. The first time i went swimming i was attacked by a Gyarados, that was the first time i felt true fear. I was paralyzed by fear until my dad stepped in and defeated the beast. Ever since then i've been to afraid to swim whereas if i'm running on the water i'm going to fast for a Gyarados to catch me. i fear nothing else, besides Diamond getting hurt, that's the only reason i haven't left Team Geostorm yet.

 I got to the unova region, and sprinted to the Champion's house. "awwww how cute, a little Jolteon" the champion said "yeah yeah, cut the crap" i said "WOAH WTF!" he yelled "listen up and listen good, i'm part of a team that wants to end human life. I was sent here to kill you, but i'm not going to" i said "i'm listening" Solar said "but if i don't someone else will, so go along, i'm going to bring you to Grotto Forest, i'm going to stop your heart beat when we get there, but only to Show my leader, then i'll race you back here and revive you" i said "understand", "uh huh, sure" Solar said "but first battle me, if i win against you, than i can win against everyone else on your team" he said "not necessarily, i'm the strongest of us" i said "you don't know me I'm Spark, but really you would know me as Lightning champion of Unova" i said "oh really?" he asked "*scoff* you expect me to believe you?" he said. "fine i accept your challenge" i said, and i won "so it's true" he said "ok, i'll go along with your plan". "get on" i said "what?" he asked "how else do you expect to get to the forest, planes don't fly there, boat's cannot find it. GET ON" i said, and just like that we were racing there. When we got there i shocked he dropped down. i went in, showed him, and left. As soon as i got back, i shocked him again and he got back up. "man that sucked" Solar said, "well i gotta dash, just stay on the down low" i said. I ran home and said "hey Diamond, wanna go see my friend Victor?" "Sure"

                                                                                 Diamond's POV

As were racing on the water i asked "Hey, where are we going?" "the Galar region. Victor is the League champion there" he said "WHAT?!?!" i yelled causing him to stumble a bit "hey, don't worry this guy is cool, he can understand pokemon" he said "and how do you know all this?" i asked "i allowed him to catch me, bacause i wanted to battle some stronger pokemon" he said "it helps clear my head, so i helped him become champion" he said "oh, so he won't hurt us?" i asked "yup, that's right" he said, "We're here, follow me to his place." he said *knock knock* "who's there?" A person asked "it's me Vic" he said "SPARK, hey mate good to see you, and i assume this is Diamond" Victor said "yup, i'm Diamond" i said giving Spark a hug "awww, you two are perfect for each other, come on in. i just made some Spicy Curry" he said "mmmmmm, that sounds delicious." i said. "oh it is, he fed it to me while we traveled" Sparky said, "So how long have you known each other" i said "about a week and a half" Spark said. "oh? when did you meet?" i asked "i ran over here the day team Geostorm forced me to join" he said "i let myself get caught, and i helped Victor here with his gym challenge", "oh, how sweet of you" i said smiling. "yeah i helped him beat Leon" he said smiling giving me a hug "Awwwww you two are so cute" Victor said. "well, i gotta dash." Spark said "you coming Di?" he asked "yup" i said.

                                                                            Storm's POV

So Spark did his job. I'm surprised he went through with the deed. "Spark, congratulations on your first mission" i said "thank you sir" he said seething with hatred "haha, i know you hate working for me, but over time i think you might start to like me" i said "ha, never, the only reason i'm even working for you is because i don't want your goons hurting my Diamond" he said "with all due respect, if you weren't threatening to hurt her if i don't listen to you i would've beat you a long time ago." he said to me "oOoOoOh i feel so threatened" i said "if you knew who i really was, you would be smart to call off your goons" he said, as he left. Hmmmm i wonder what he meant by that. Meh he probably just meant he's popular or something (doubt). "hey Sky" i said "how many famous Jolteon are there" i asked "four. Spark is one of them, but it says here his real name is Lightning" Sky said "lightning? like lightning, the Jolteon who beat the Unova pokemon league by himself?" i said, now very scared "yup" she said confirming my fears. "shit no wonder he's so confident in himself. but he's remaining passive for the time being but i suspect that if anyone touches any of his friends, then he'll come after me." i said to myself "i better keep him in check somehow, maybe by threatening Diamond's life, hmmmm that might work for a while, but if Diamond gets hurt then my life is over." i continued "i'll just make sure he doesn't know." i finished.