FORTY FOUR

Purah looked down at her notes, having taken down the two familiar tales regarding the Hero of Time that the trio had gathered from both the Zoras and the Gorons. It does sound as if the Hero of Time have travelled to an alternate dimension and had brought the tale of the heroes of that dimension over to their Hyrule. However, there was one point that she need to bring up, "There is no Hero of Time,"

Kagome and Link frowned, "What do you mean there's no Hero of Time? His name has been repeated twice now," Link nodded along beside her, a little curious by the agony his chest felt when Purah deny the Hero's existence as a matter of fact. Purah sighed, "Link, you may forget about this, but the Tale of the Hero of Time is a legend of Hyrule even amongst the numerous legends of Hyrule. In another word, it's a fairy tale!"

Kagome deny the statement, "In another word, it is a hard to prove story but that does not mean that the Hero himself does not exist nor does his journey into another world does not exist,"

Purah rolled her eyes, "He doesn't exist in any official records of Hyrule's history, unlike the Hero of Sky and the Hero of Twilight, one which happened to be the founding father of Hyrule's monarchy. But the story of the Hero of Time is the only story that exists as a fairy tale told to children of Hyrule. Although numerous incarnation of his adventures exist between the three of the four races of Hyrule; that being the Zora, the Goron and the Gerudo, the fact that his story does not exist among the Rito's tale showed that he himself is nothing more than a figment of imagination,"

Kagome didn't notice Link's darkening features as she asked, "Well, who started the story then? Why bother spreading it if it isn't true? Why bother keeping the story's detail alive?"

Purah huffed and muttered venomously, "Unfortunately, all evidence pointed to an anonymous Sheikah bard named Sheik,"

Kagome frowned, "You know their name so how can they be anonymous?"

Purah bristled, "Because there IS no Sheikah bard named Sheik in our Sheikah family archive!" She stomped off her chair and paced around the room, barely knocking into Symin who's used to her so much that he smoothly evaded her stomping, ranting, "I know! It sounds so plausible but the fact is the Hero of Time does not exist! If he doesn't exist, so won't Termina! After all, no power can force the moon off of its orbit and crash down to the earth! Let alone a sword that can cut that moon in half! If that's true, then the moon we see today would have been floating in two different parts!"

Kagome had leaned back when the girl had started ranting, "Why are you so...passionate about this?"

Purah stopped and mumbled at the ground, cheeks apple red. Kagome leaned closer against her wisdom, "What was that, I can't hear you?"

Purah drew in a large breath and exploded, "HE WAS MY BIGGEST RESEARCH OF ALL TIME!!!" She then started ranting, ignoring Kagome who had stumbled onto the raised floor holding the Sheikah Guidance Stone due to her scream almost bursting her eardrum leaving them ringing, as the miniaturized scientist continued, "I had thought he was real too! I was sure he was real! So I had taken up the path of a researcher because I wanted to follow his trail...!"

Link didn't hear the rest, as he had flown out the door after Purah insisted that the Hero of Time doesn't exist. Now he had walked far enough from the Ancient Tech Lab that he can no longer Purah ranting about the existence or non-existence of the Hero of Time. He rubbed at his chest, the pain persisting. Wincing, his mind recalled another memory.

He was just a child, listening to someone telling him about the brave tale of the Hero of Time. He was happy and yet his tears kept falling down his cheeks after she finished the tale by answering his question about if it was true; no, it's just a fairy tale. He had been bitter, refusing to talk for days until he overheard that the person was worried about him to his father. Was she his mother?