SIXTY-THREE

Sesshoumaru held Kagome as he flew in the direction where he can see Link waving at him. Already the lightning generator can be heard starting up. He could feel Kagome flinching in his arms where he had bundled her limbs tight to her person so he can hold against his person in a way that would make him a shield around her, whether it be the lightning or the sand storm billowing around them. Increasing his flight speed, he landed on the platform where Link stood and the generator died down as he placed Kagome on her feet.

Kagome stretched her limbs and looked around, "Oh wow...I know its big but it's a lot more spacious inside than I thought,"

Link nodded as he guide them up, deftly killing a corrupted mini Guardian standing in their way. Kagome shot at the Malice Eye, keeping one eye on Sesshoumaru's reaction to the Malice surrounding them. So far, he appeared fine being in such close proximity to Ganon's Malice.

Once the group was properly inside the belly of the Divine Beast, Kagome whistled, "Wow...now I want to know how the other Divine Beasts look like inside,"

Link chuckled, "Don't be fooled," He pointed at the Sheikah Terminal, "I heard Urbosa when I first board this thing. Like the other Divine Beasts, once I try to activate the Main Terminal, Ganon will come out,"

Kagome frowned, "Why won't he come out now?"

Link shrugged, "I get the feeling that he's aiming to let the Divine Beast mechanism kill me instead of doing the deed himself or something,"

Sesshoumaru looked around and found a tall woman watching them. He addressed her, "Are you Chief Urbosa of the Gerudo?"

Kagome and Link looked at him, listening to the strange tongue that came out from him. They had come across ghosts before, but it was usually Sesshoumaru that speaks with them. He seemed to be listening to Urbosa's spirit and Link dug into his ears, wondering why he's not hearing anything. Then he wondered if it was because Urbosa was talking in the language of the spirits.

Sesshoumaru nodded in certain intervals before looking at Link, "She can be our guide but that is all. Her spirit is trapped and until Ganon's presence within is purified, she will remain so,"

Thus the group gets to work. Link's confusion was understandable due to the changing floors but with both Kagome keeping an eye on the platform that doesn't move and Sesshoumaru's recounting the guide told to him by Urbosa, getting to the first terminal was easy and so does the second. The third and fourth required calculated handling of the Sheikah Runes. Kagome had a lot of fun with the elevators and shooting at the Eyes of Malice hanging about. Sesshoumaru's whip made quick word of the Malice Mouth that spit out Stal Heads.

It wasn't long before Link managed to activate all four Terminals and now the group collected before the Main Terminal. Taking a deep breathe, Link placed the Sheikah Slate on the Sheikah Stone....

The effect was immediate. Ganon's slumbering part woke up and Kagome closed her mouth against the stench of miasma. They studied the miasma as it collected and formed a solid shape. Urbosa's words of caution rang clear for all to hear, "Stay on your edge! This formidable adversary was made by Ganon and brought me to a warrior's demise 100 years ago. Do not allow this to be your end. Fight for your life...and its death!"

With a horrendous scream, the creature that Link said named by the Sheikah Slate as Thunderblight Ganon, disappeared with tremendous speed. It was only because of Sesshoumaru's familiarity with high speed battle that he managed to block the beast's strike at Link's back. Sesshoumaru pushed against it with his brace, "Keep your shield up at all time! Focus!"

Kagome had climbed to a higher vantage and out of the way. She was shocked by the ferocity of these creature that was a part of Ganon. She has heard about Urbosa's prowess in battle. The Chief was quick on her feet and her Gerudo strength was a force to be reckoned with. But even so, her stamina can run out and Kagome doubted an creation of Ganon has any concept of stamina.