SIXTY-ONE

Kagome was in pain. She couldn't breathe, couldn't move and couldn't think. No, scratch that, she can think. But thinking made her feel stupid but she did not, could not and will not, regret her decision. She can hear another lengthy lecture from Sesshoumaru about recklessness. No, rather, she could feel his displeasure inside her. Wait...inside her?

She instinctually focused inside and saw what could only be Sesshoumaru's energy mingling gently with hers, nudging and tugging at hers with a patience and urgency. She suddenly realized that she has too much of it, too much that it's breaking her inside. She could die...

She could die...

Sesshoumaru's energy began to push instead of nudge and pull instead of tugging. Kagome shook off the cold realization of dying and quickly guide her energy to follow Sesshoumaru. Like her, her internal energy was stubborn to a fault. Scowling mentally, she poked and prodded at the mass of power until it began to move. Sluggishly at first, then the pace picked up and suddenly they were flying through.

They go faster and faster until the storm inside can no longer be stopped...

Sesshoumaru breathed easier once he could feel that the excess energy being properly regulated independently by Kagome. The Great Fairy Fountains had helped with purifying the impurities within her, allowing slow access to her power that she then clumsily pulls to use against the numerous enemies across Hyrule. But the burst of purifying power was like poking a needle point hole and then pushing the large mass inside out. The first burst was always the most powerful but then it began to slow to blocky trickle.

The potency of Kagome's power was high that if other priest's power was water, hers would be akin to sludge. Thus making her control even worse than those with lesser power. The only reason she was able to use her ability so far was part instinct, part luck. The rest was pure force and desperation, which also made her unable to depend on her power.

But when she adsorbed most of the attack aimed for Link, her internal energy was agitated. Calm spring that was suddenly flooded and breaking past the barriers that contain them. He had seen the aftermath of those who had too much too suddenly. It never ended well for them. Even great masters had been rendered useless and crippled when handling power beyond their capabilities.

...and Kagome was no master of her own...

As explosion rocked the air, he opened his eyes to find Link managing to subdue the beast long enough that it had to stop and allow him aboard. Pride swelled in him for the boy's merit, but a sting of irritation grated at him for being unable to best the inorganic beast. He shoved that aside, knowing that this was the moment to move so he turned his gaze to the young Chief.

She looked relieved but tense. Warriors blood runs through her vein, pumped by her little heart and he knew the siren call of battle that her people answered to were hard to ignore. Especially if that battle meant the protection and wellbeing of her people. But she knew her limit, the importance of her presence with her people and her own capability. She cannot face the beast.

She noticed him standing, holding up the slumbering exasperating but precious Priestess, and she knew what he wanted as she called out to her personal Sand Seal and they began to move just as the conquered beast started once more.

Sesshoumaru laid Kagome down on the bed within the stone building of the lookout post. The young Chief has decided to watch over Link within the Divine Beast of her ancestor above, even if duty prevented her from being by his side. The Gerudo guard stood at her position by the window, eyes ever watching but he knew that she's aware of him and Kagome behind her.

Link appeared right outside the door by night fall, crashing through the door of the stone building with shaking muscles as the amount of electricity he had endured inside Vah Naboris wrecked through his body. The Voe Set helped took off the worse of it, but extended exposure accumulated over time and Link had to come back. He coughed and Riju appeared behind him, enquiring after his wellbeing and once Link settled down, questioned about Vah Naboris.