FIFTY-NINE

"I would say that it was overkill but..." Link sighed as Sesshoumaru wiped his body of Yiga blood, "I guess with this they will try to stay out of our way for as long as possible," He looked up as Sesshoumaru stretched out his muscles, "I guess this is a win,"

Sesshoumaru huffed, "Better them than us. The less pawns for that overgrown pig to manipulate on the board, the better,"

Link didn't add that it was better the Yiga than the Gerudo since they did stepped on Sesshoumaru's toe by taking Kagome hostage. He might even feel a little sorry for the Yiga...but...never mind, thinking back on the moment they almost killed the Princess, what little sympathy he had for them flew out the window.

As the two made their way back, Link came across a shrine in the middle of the sand storm. Sesshoumaru followed the boy in to hide from the sand storm and watched as he cleared the Shrine. When they came back to the surface, the sand storm had died out and their journey back to the Gerudo Town continued. They rescued two lost Hylian from being meal to Electric and Fire-Breath Lizalfos. They babbled about being the hunks of Gerudo Town and Link mercilessly slayed that delusion by saying that men aren't allowed in the town.

Of course they don't believe him...not that they could make any more noises as Sesshoumaru bared his fangs at them in annoyance...

It was night fall when they reached the high wall of the Gerudo Town and Link had disappeared to change into his Vai Set while Sesshoumaru watched in dark amusement as the ingrates that Link rescued gets thrown onto their butts after they were all but thoroughly molested by the Gerudo Guards to make sure that they were not Yiga. Link waved past Sesshoumaru who settled into meditation.

As he climbed into the Gerudo Chief's hall, Buliara informed him that bother Chief Riju and his friend Kagome were up in the Chief's room. Thanking her, Link made his way to the Chief's chamber and heard laughter coming from the Chief's room. Finding it odd, he carefully peeked into the room and found Kagome being dressed up by the young Chief and surrounded by plushies of Sand Seals.

He blinked, pulled his head back, rubbed his eyes and peeked at the room again. It confirmed that what he saw before was no illusion; Kagome was indeed treated like a doll by the Gerudo Chief. He wondered if this was some unknown method of interrogation by the Gerudo that he was unaware of due to the gap in culture but...no matter how he slice it, Kagome was treated as more of a friend than a hostage by the Chief. Scratching his head in confusion, he made his presence known by clearing his throat.

Riju stiffened, as though she was a rabbit being caught in the eyes of a wolf, which was not saying much since Twilight who was left behind to company Kagome, was lying on his back, rolling around like a spoiled pup. Kagome's painted face beamed at the sight of Link, "Link! You made it! How was the quest? Did you get the Thunder Helm?"

Link smiled and materialized the Thunder Helm for Riju to inspect. Riju stepped forward, gathering her dignity as the Chief of Gerudo with a slight blush on her cheeks, and took the Thunder Helm from Link.

Riju stared at her family heirloom, a sad smile on her lips as she recalled her late mother wearing the very item in her hands. Sighing, she put them on and turned to face them, "How do I look?"

Kagome stifled a laugh as the Thunder Helm all but swallowed her small head but Link started to turn pale and blood began trickling down to his chin before he swayed. Riju gasped, "Champion!"

Kagome was quick on her feet as she grabbed an unconscious Link, slowly lowering him as his memory returned to him. Riju took off her heirloom and kneeled, "Is he alright?"

Kagome sighed, "Link has been in a healing coma for a hundred years, but that means his mental state deteriorated due to lack of activity. Not to mention, his injuries also includes skull fractures and concussion. The fact that he can recall anything at all is a miracle on itself," She then gave the young girl before her a reassuring smile, "But Link is not the Chosen of Hylia for no reason. He will always pull through; no matter the burden he carries. So he will wake up from this and fulfill his promise to you,"