THIRTY-TWO

Tula heard from the gossiping guards that three Hylians arrived the other night and she immediately rushed toward The Seabed Inn. She almost couldn't believe her ears and she dreadfully hoped that they were the Hylians she had spoken to the week before. Prince Sidon had recently returned with a slightly less confident look from where he had waited at Inogo Bridge for days, making her feel even more guilty for not saying anything. She just didn't want to raise his hope up only for them to not show up at all.

When she arrived at the quiet inn, she saw the annoying girl. What was her name again? Kago...something. She called out, "You're here!"

Kagome looked up to see a Zora calling out. Her mind still too tired, and with the Zoras looking mostly alike, she asked, "Who are you?"

Tula pouted, "It's me! We met at Lanayru Wetlands?"

A blank stare.

Tula grumbled, "I'm Tula!"

A blink...another blink...a triple rapid blinking.... "Oh...! That Zora!" She finally recalled, "Sorry, everyone here looks the same to me," She tiredly explained.

Tula huffed at the excuse, "Well...you Hylians look the same to me!"

Kagome yawned, "Okay, okay..." She then asked, "So? Did you tell anyone about us?"

Tula sat across the girl in front of the community cooking pot, "Of course not! I don't want to look stupid when you and your buddies didn't show up!" She then looked around, "Where are they, anyway?"

Kagome's face fell, "We ran into a Talus...then we ran into a Hinox...so right now everyone is a little down from fevers and injuries,"

Tula winced, "Youch!"

"Tell me about it...and you dearest Prince Sidon expect for travelers to just show up at your door using the heavily monster infested road coming here?" Kagome didn't notice the looming Zora who had decided to see the Hylians that actually showed up behind her, though Tula didn't know whether to feel embarrassed or cringe at her words, "At least the off road we use were only wet...until the Talus and Hinox that is..."

"I am sorry. I am most desperate for a Hylian help,"

Kagome stiffened before looking at a blushing Tula, "He's behind me, isn't he?" She turned around and saw a very large Zora looking down at her as she had to crane her neck to look up, up and up to see wide ember eyes staring back. She whistled, "Wow...you're taller than Sesshoumaru," And most Gerudo girls on average were mostly around 8 feet tall which was the height of a Volt Fruit cactus tree, and he went past that, "How tall are you?"

Kagome later can only blame her fatigued brain for being so nonchalant with a royalty.

Sidon blinked, staring at the small creature with round ears in shock at being asked about his height. He then broke into laughter. He had long thought he won't be able to laugh as freely and openly like so without putting on a strong front. But this girl had just directly asked him his height without blinking or being rude when asking him about it. He can tell that she's genuinely curious. After a moment, he collected himself and cleared his throat, "Around 10',"

She blinked, "Definitely taller than the Gerudo and here I thought I won't find anyone taller than them that's not a monster!"

Sidon grinned, "You should see my Father, then," He then added, "And I'm not even fully grown,"

She blankly stared as her brain processed what he just said, "What?"

Sidon explained, "The male Zora's royal line will not stop growing for as long as they live. My Father the King can no longer even leave his throne these days,"

Kagome stared at him for a moment before blushing and bowing, "I'm so sorry; I didn't mean to be rude to you, Your Highness,"

Sidon's bright smile almost slip from the sudden manner shown to him but he ignored the pang of being placed at a distant with a brighter smiled, "May I see your other friends? There is something I would like to discuss with them,"

Kagome raised her head, "I'm sorry, Your Highness, but my friends are both still in recovery from our run in with the Hinox," She then straightened, "May I know what you would like to discuss with them?"

Sidon sighed, "Well...I need an archer in hope of stopping this relentless rain," He looked at the dark weather covering the Domain. He sighed, "The Divine Beast Vah Ruta has great power. It has the unique ability to create endless supply of water. Of late, it has been mercilessly spouting water into the air. As a result, this area has been plagued by heavy rain,"

Kagome nodded, "So I heard from Tula," She glanced at the Zora maiden who froze when the Zora Prince turned his gaze to her. Kagome smirked at the flustered Zora, "You see, Tula met us at Lanayru Wetlands and already informed us that you were looking for Hylians. However, I told her that I and my friends will be making a detour as we have prior engagement to meet with, so in case we didn't show up she kept our meeting to herself. However she stressed the importance of us showing up here, explaining as best as she could about the Zora's trouble with the weather," She looked at him, "I hope you won't be angry at her for keeping our coming here quiet. She didn't want to give you false hope,"

Tula stared at her with grateful and disbelieving eyes before her hands was grasped by larger hands and she felt her whole body shaking as the Prince Sidon of all Zora maiden's dreams shook her hand and looking at her with thanks, "That you, fair Tula! It is indeed wise of you to keep their coming to yourself! I might have done something foolish like searching for them in the Lanayru wilderness!"

Tula stammered, "Y-y-y-you a-a-a-are we-we-w-w-wel-come?" She then stood up, the fins attached to her head slapping around with excitement as she excused herself, "I'm s-s-sorry! I-I-I need-need t-t-t-to GO!" With that she tearfully ran off, thinking she had embarrassed herself beyond redemption in front of the dashing Zora Prince.

Meanwhile, Sidon blinked confusedly at his abandoned hands before looking at the shaking Hylian girl, "Did I do something to offend?"

Kagome burst, "Oh Hylia, I can't take it anymore!" She started howling with laughter, "That is so hilarious!!!!"

Sidon stared at the girl that all but roll on the ground as she laughed her very heart out. She then gasped for air and wiping a stray tear off of her cheek before she grinned at him, making his heart skip a beat as she chuckled at his confused expression, "Sorry, after yesterday I need a laugh...so...sorry, but you and Tula gave me a great chance for some humor!"

He watched as she sobered up and looked at him, "Although, about the Divine Beast...I'm afraid neither of my friends can really help you. See, Sesshoumaru have very disagreeable condition towards anything tainted by Calamity Ganon. So as of this moment, he's practically unconscious and running quite the fever because of the rain,"

Sidon frowned, "But...it's just water..."

Kagome shook her head, "Water with a taint of Malice in it. Sesshoumaru is just that sensitive. Also, Link broke his arms fighting against the Hinox," Which was a lie but she can't have them thinking that Sesshoumaru will attack them. She watched the desperate Prince deflate before volunteering, "But I'm an archer myself! Maybe I can help you there?"

He looked at her, seemingly sizing her up before nodding, "Very well, we'll see what we can work with," With that he bent down to her, "Will you follow me to the throne room, milady...?" He suddenly realized that he didn't know her name though the names of her friends were given, and one sounding oddly familiar and nostalgic, but she never gave hers away.

She giggled, "Call me Kagome Higurashi!"