SIXTY-SIX

Link had left that morning. Kagome was asleep when she heard broken catches of Zelda's voice asking him to seek further strength or something along that line. All she knew was that he had left for the Shrine of Resurrection for further trial. When she's finally fully awake from the Cuckoos' call, eyes bleary from sleep; the house was silent from the Hylian's departure.

She stepped out the door to find Sesshoumaru cutting woods. Although with Link's constant breaking of swords, the amount of magical elemental weapon shards was enough for Kagome to design a tub with heating as well as an ice box reminiscent of a fridge, cooking somehow tasted better with wood; thus the need to replenish the firewood.

Kagome won't ever confess but she had come to appreciate watching Sesshoumaru working around the house. Maybe it's because she's a straight female, maybe it's because she's still a hormone driven teenager, maybe it's because Sesshoumaru's the very definition of living Greek sculpture, or maybe it's the combination of all of the aforementioned. Whatever it is, she enjoyed spending her morning indulging her guilty pleasure of watching a lightly sweating half-naked Sesshoumaru swinging the axe in his hand.

Now, Kagome may believe herself sly in this matter, but Sesshoumaru actually noticed her staring at him whenever he does his part in their shared chores. At first, he found it annoying as he oft does with staring females, then he found it as mundane as one would a staring deer and thinks nothing of it. But as he slowly comes to his own feelings, he began to enjoy her attention and even performed it for her like he would a dance. After all, he doesn't really need to take off his top to do his work or even swing an axe to cut woods.

The original reason he cut woods the way he does was because he didn't want to waste his youki, but now with the Fierce Deity within him he could just as easily slash all the woods with his whip and be done with it. Now though, he does it to entertain her. There was just something about being admired by the female of his desire instead of the unwanted attention lavished upon him by random encounters.

He finished his work when the sun climbed high above the crown of their head, turning just in time to see her scrambling inside trying to pretend she didn't just sat there watching him working out a sweat. Though she may not realize it, the air was heavy with the slight scent of her beginning arousal. Not too heavy or clear, a sign that she had never experience a full blown arousal before and a mark of her innocence. She's probably enjoying the feeling he evoked in her while unaware of what it really meant.

It stroked his male ego that he managed to bring such a feeling from her.

Her mind may not be innocent, but her physical form knows not the pleasure of the flesh...

Then, it dawned on him...

Kagome prepared to go out and continue her practice by hunting down the monsters camping along Hateno Beach when Sesshoumaru appeared, catching her attention. Confused, she asked, "Can I...help you?"

Sesshoumaru does nothing but stare at her. Wondering what it was that caught his attention, she looked around herself before looking at her person. Finding nothing amiss, she shrugged and moved past him, chalking his odd staring as him being Sesshoumaru.

It won't be the first time he behaved in a way that confused her.

Back with Sesshoumaru, it dawned on him on the best way to capture Kagome. As he couldn't gain her interest using his own people's knowledge due to the stark differences of culture and common sense, Sesshoumaru decided to bait Kagome into making the first move. The plan was to seduce her without directly seducing her.

He will lay down the work to make Kagome as obsessed of him as he was of her. He knew that human too has the same instinct when it came to their person of interest. Romances the likes of the past may not be to Kagome's taste due to her upbringing, but instinct remained. Kagome had regaled Link with tales of females going out of their way to woo their males, albeit most of it was like a game simply for the thrill of being wanted.