THIRTY-ONE

Guard Captain Bazz of the Zora Knight was just patrolling the west bridge of the Domain when he saw two silhouettes coming in his direction. Upon closer inspection, one of the figures was carrying another on their back. Wary, he called out, "Who goes there? Present yourself or turn around!" Hey, one can't blame him for being suspicious. After the Calamity a hundred years ago, travelers seldom reached them especially with all the monsters infesting the trail leading to the Zora's Domain. Not to mention the suddenly active detestable Yiga traitors.

One of the figures ran forward and under their hood revealed to be a beautiful Hylian with peculiar features. She called out to him, "I'm sorry, but can you let us take cover in the Domain? My friends are both heavily injured and we need somewhere out of this torrent,"

Bazz would have helped but he has a job, "Present yourself. I'm sure you understand our need to make sure that you are not one of those traitors?"

She blinked, her blue eyes shimmering with understanding, "I am Kagome of the Gerudo. Or rather, I am obviously not a Gerudo but I was adopted by them. I have no reason to lie. Please! A cover from the rain, quickly! He's in terrible shape," She gestured at the heavily covered man on the back of the ironically shorter man.

Bazz warily reach forward and peeked under the hat made of leaves and saw a heavily bandaged man with heavy breathing. He then looked at the shorter man and saw... "Link? Master Link, is that really you?"

He blinked blearily and Bazz noticed the flushed cheeks. He quickly moved to carry his burden, "Please! Allow me to unburden you-!" But before he could touch the unconscious man, Link moved away with glaring eyes. Kagome came forward, "I'm really sorry, he's in great pain. Both his arms are badly injured but I am unable to carry Sesshoumaru so he volunteered to help carry while make sure we are not ambushed,"

Bazz nodded, "Alright, too much rain was never good for you warm-blooded Hylians," He then gestured, "Follow me," He ignored the grumbling elder Zora on the stairs leading to his destination who eyed the travelers with suspicious gaze. Behind him, he could hear Kagome's gentle voice leading the once lost friend of his. The Hylian followed her voice, trusting her to lead him as she tugged at his sleeve like a leash. Soon they reach The Seabed Inn ran by his friend, Kayden and Kodah who's also married to Kayden. Their daughter Finley stared at the three strangers coming in with the Guard Captain Bazz before calling for her parents, "Mom! Dad! We have customers!" She then added, "And they don't look so good,"

Kodah came forward and gasped, "Oh come in, come in now! Out of the rain! Here," She led a curiously familiar yet oddly blank face to an available bed, "Lay him here!"

The girl beside him whispered, "It's okay Link. We are safe. You can put him down now..." She guided the identified Hylian to a bed. Link slowly placed his unconscious comrade onto the waterbed with a little difficulty due to the clothes he tied around his wrists so he won't accidentally drop Sesshoumaru.

That done he staggered to his feet, his hood falling off his head confirming his identity to his old friends. He then stood blankly as the girl helped the bandaged man onto the waterbed proper, slightly swaying from the accumulated fatigue and fever running through his veins. But he refused to leave his charge, duty forcing him to stand.

Kodah reached out with concern, "Linky?"

The girl looked around and sighed, "Link..." She threw off her hood, revealing peculiar features and strange round ears, as she guided him to another empty bed, "Come here, it's alright to rest now," Before she could let go of his bandaged wrist, he grabbed her retreating hand, eyes sharp but worryingly blank. The girl smiled sadly, "I'm fine now...sit down. I need to look at your arms,"