SIXTY-FIVE

Kagome sighed, sinking deeper into the water as she washed herself of her recent battle. It has been almost a month since their leaving the Gerudo Desert and deciding to regroup in Hateno. Link constantly out; between clearing monster camps along the Hateno Beach and convening with Purah for future battle plan against Ganon, he's almost never home.

Sesshoumaru stayed close by whenever she went out to train herself, leaving her to deal with whatever enemy she targeted to help refine herself. But when he's assured that she will be within Hateno Village's compound, he will disappear and return with blood on his boots and arm bracers. He didn't speak much to her, as was usual for him, but there's something about the way he lingered close.

She felt caged...

In fact, Kagome's swear she's getting cabin fever. Even going up to see Purah about the way home could not get rid of that nagging feeling of being watched. Oddly, she does not feel creep out by the stalking. Also, she really has no idea how Sesshoumaru managed to stalk her with that size of his. He stood head and shoulders higher than anyone else in the village!

Not to mention, she's supposed to be doing the watching, not him!

Kagome groaned before climbing out of her wooden tub. When she came out of the wet room, she saw Link looking like he just came out of a burning building and Sesshoumaru who appeared the same staring at the Sheikah Slate and a piece of leather. There's also a book, singed and weather beaten but holding together, on the table.

Now that she thinks about it, they were both absent from Hateno early that morning and Sesshoumaru didn't appear when she decided to go attack the group of Bokoblins back at the beach, stealing lambs from the pasture as usual. But she was so deep in her thoughts that she barely noticed it at all.

Drying her hair, she came close and looked at the items, "Where did you guys go?"

Link flinched while Sesshoumaru simply blinked. Twilight whined and hid his snout under a paw. Kagome felt something familiar pinching her nerves, "Don't tell me...you guys went and go on another adventure without me?"

Twilight's whine does not help the atmosphere in the room that's growing heavier and heavier with each passing seconds. Kagome felt her brow twitch as she grit her jaw behind a sweet smile, "I know things were bad a month ago. I almost died," A flinch and the smile grew sweeter, "Almost lose my mind too," Sweats dripping from Link's brow as Kagome's sweet, sweet smile turned poisonous with bared teeth as Twilight quickly placed both front paws over his ears with a frightened whine; "But...that does not mean that you can MOLLYCODDLE ME!!!"

Her roar reverberated through the house and outside, Bolson and Karson flinched before the effeminate leader coughed, "Let's...call it day..." Karson has no problem with the suggestion as they both picked their collective butts as though on fire and ran straight home...

An angry Kagome is more frightening than a chasing Guardian Stalker...

Link swore that whenever Kagome loses her temper, he could see the Dark World's gate opening behind her living, writhing hair and her usually warm spring blue eyes flashed frozen Naydra blue that he felt like he flew too close to the Spring Guardian. And he had flown too close once....if being flashed frozen was anything like that then he can empathize with anything that's been frozen. Had it not been for Sesshoumaru's timely catch, he probably would have shattered into tiny pieces...

Not monsters though, he's been ambushed often enough to not feel anything for their misery.

But back to the matter at hand...

She finally caught up to what both he and Sesshoumaru had been doing between getting stronger and preparing for war. To be honest, he knew it was stupid but he couldn't help it. Among all their adventures together, this was the first time Kagome had been so badly affected that death was almost a mercy.