THIRTY-SEVEN

It was two weeks after the conquering of Divine Beast Vah Ruta and the group can be found setting up at their new home, their base of operation to be exact. After much haggling with Bolson, Kagome managed to convince the man to build her some furniture. She personally designed the furniture to be compact, practical and stylish. She thanked the existence of IKEA in her world's era.

Since settling down at Hateno Village between quests, Link decided to go around Hateno and see what he can find. The boy's more curious than Buyo, running out the moment he finished his breakfast. Luckily, he always managed to return in time for dinner by using the nearby Sheikah Shrine situated at the bridge's entrance inside Hateno Village itself. Kagome meanwhile was busy mending their traveling wears. The other reason she insisted on working under Claree was part for paying the stealth sets and part to learn how to better mend the peculiar fabric.

Meanwhile Sesshoumaru had made himself useful by hunting and following Link on his adventuring. Kagome know that he was mostly frustrated with himself. The event at Lanayru's province had shown him just how weak and dangerous he can be. Until they figure out how to handle him in the event that such a thing happened again, Sesshoumaru refused to go anywhere near the other three regions with the corrupted Divine Beast. So now he and Link decided to go and search for more shrines and perhaps the other Great Fairy Fountains that can help elevate the worse of effect on his person, in hope that he could be more than a dead weight when it matters the most. Last she saw him he was training to better his newfound skill of shooting pebbles as a weapon.

It seemed that he had made some progress if the holes littering the side of mountain behind the house were any indication; he's making a slow but sure progress. The reason Sesshoumaru was having a hard time with the technique was because he needed figuring out the strength he needed to hit the stone with his thumb without breaking the projectile. Then there was the strength required to shoot the stone with enough velocity to break to monster hides that can be thicker than a stone wall; doable, yes, but hard to be precise. Luckily aiming was not a problem for him.

Meanwhile Kagome, having been set in charge on housekeeping and staying in touch with Impa through Purah, discovered a new ability that had awakened inside her. An ability that currently Purah needled her into training; the ability reminiscent of Mipha's Grace, the healing ability bestowed unto Link by the late Princess Mipha of the Zora. Symin had found an injured bird near the lighthouse turned lab and had brought it back for Kagome to experiment on.

Kagome was sweating as she gently nudged at her recently familiarized internal energy as she asked the midget scientist bending over a notepad in front of her, "So, Purah?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you heard anything from Impa?"

"About what?"

Kagome rolled her eyes, "About the sword that seals the darkness, what else?!"

"She said only the Princess know,"

The bird finally stopped lying down in obvious pain, climbing to its clawed feet and hopping about healthily. Kagome sighed as her power receded, "That's not helping at all..."

Purah pushed her glasses up her button nose and reported, "It seemed that you're really new at this. From what I recall with the ability of the late Princess Mipha, her healing was more precise and prompt than what you just showed me,"

Kagome grunted, "Obviously," She blinked when a pen smack her between the eyes, the perpetrator huffing, "None of that sass, now! This is important!"

Kagome grumbled before asking again, "So...any news about the thing I asked help with?"

Knowing that the silly girl was referring to her inter-dimensional travel and the way home, Purah sighed, "We had pored through every syllabus available to us regarding the matter, but all that came up was some of the oldest and most obscure retelling of the Hero of Time and the Hero of Twilight," Before Kagome could ask more, she added, "Now before you jump on a horse and head to Impa, I'll have you know that these texts are older than the Sheikah Technologies and these techs have been around for over 10,000 years! Language change over time, so deciphering these texts will take some times and even then your answer might not be there at all!"