TWENTY

"I can't believe that we need to look for these Korok Seeds as payment for Hestu's service!"

Kagome grumbled as they continue on their journey to Kakariko. It wasn't that unbelievable that Hestu's service does not come free, only that the payment method was not with rupees but instead a particular seed that came from the Korok plant. Not even Link know about Korok seed even though his travel pack seemed to have been enchanted by Hestu's tribe some time a hundred years ago, but he has amnesia so...

Luckily for the group Kakariko Village was literally around the corner. Kagome decided to aim for the copper plating of an eye symbol over the oddly familiar torii out of boredom and the eye made for a good target. To her delight; she hit it bull's eye. To her surprise; something unexpected happened.

"Ya-ha-ha! You found me!"

Kagome blinked and Link asked, "What are you?" It reminded them of Hestu and while Hestu has a large size like two Rhoams stacked on top of each other, this creature with squeaky voice has the size of a large housecat, the size of Kagome's family pet Buyo to be exact.

The creature squeaked, "Wait, you're not Hestu! But you can...see me?"

Sesshoumaru stared at the thing while the other two nodded.

The creature cheered, "I didn't know your kind could see children of the forest! Well, if you run into Hestu, please return this to him," It handed Kagome something...that smelled suspicious and not something Kagome want to think about as she handed the...thing...to Link who scrunch up his nose from the smell as he asked the creature, "What is this?" And Kagome asked, "And what are you?"

"That's a Korok seed! We are the Korok, children of the forest!"

Kagome's eyes widened as she stared at the...seed...in Link's palm. Hestu wants them to help him gather the Korok seeds stolen by the children of the forest in exchange to enchant their travel packs because it help with powering the spell used to enchant. Link asked, "So do you have any more of this...seed?"

The Korok shook their head, "Nope! Each of us has only one and we hide everywhere in different places! So don't be afraid to poke your head into suspicious places! Ya-ha-ha!"

Kagome have to ask, "When you say 'everywhere in different places', what does that entail? The 'different places' and 'everywhere', I mean,"

The Korok just shrugged, "Well, I hide here...in this gate to Kakariko village...some likes hiding in a circle of lily pads or seaweeds...some like patterns made out of rocks, big and small...some just hide under rocks! But there are those that like puzzles and flower counting or flower chasing!"

Kagome blinked, "Flower chasing?"

"You know it when you see it!" With that it flew back into the torii and Kagome looked at her traveling companions, "Well...at least travelling or getting lost won't be as boring?"

Sesshoumaru glared at her, "This one is not running around solving random puzzles for a piece of shit,"

Kagome rolled her eyes, "A piece of shit that can help us carry our things in the long run! We are so going around looking for these pieces of shits!" She pointed at the 'seed' in Link's palm, who wondered where to put on his person.

Link does not know whether to cry or to laugh at the conversation. On one hand it sounded like they were playing a stand up joke of sort. On the other hand, it's really is a serious conversation. As the group walked past the second torii gate with Kagome and Sesshoumaru still arguing about the Korok seeds, Kakariko Village came into their sight and Kagome fell silent, "Wow, trippy..."