SIXTEEN

Kagome spent the next few days being tortured alongside Link. Or if she's not being sarcastic, she spent the next few days being trained beside Link by Sesshoumaru. It all started after she had that odd moment of listening to a girl's voice speaking to Link. Link had followed the voice's direction and Kagome had curiously trailed after him.

Now she's wondering the wisdom of simply following the direction of a disembodied voice that only she and Link can hear. She's not sure about Sesshoumaru for the guy didn't say a word as usual. After helping Link figure out how to go to the blinking light on his out of place technology in the medieval setting that won't be out of place in her modern world, she and Link had ran around killing Bokoblins and the two almost get themselves killed. After all, Kagome's clumsy with her scimitar still and Link only armed with Rhoam's pitchfork that he remarkably used like a spear instinctually.

Needless to say, Kagome envied his natural fighter ability...

After that, they found a cave where the blinking light led them and Link listened to the voice's direction. Of course, after placing the curious tablet that Link introduced as the Sheikah Slate to Kagome into the strange slot that seemed to be built for it, they were warned to watch out for falling rocks. Kagome cursed her luck but thanked the Goddesses of this world when she was not flattened by any of the rocks falling all around them.

Sore from the shaking, she immediately realized that the place they stood now towered over the ground and then after watching the blue light like mesmerized fishes dropping into the slate like a drop of water, she mutedly wondered how to get down when the voice called out to Link once more. She mirrored him as they rushed to the side of the tower that faced the field with the castle ruin. Kagome could still remember the monstrous creature that spewed out of the castle in billowing miasma of sickness that grated against her holy power. Instantly her mind flew to Sesshoumaru's wellbeing, wondering that if he can feel it without her noticing it then just how bad does this felt to him now that even she was affected?

[Remember...try...try to remember...]

It seemed that the mysterious voice came from the center of the abandoned castle, a point of blinding golden light flashing like a beating heart from the topmost center of the castle as she continued, enthralling Link as the voice added;

[You have been asleep for the past 100 years...]

The voice became urgent as the creature billowed out, shaking the land and terrorizing creatures around.

[The beast...when the beast regains its true power, this world will face its end]

The roaring had reverberated within her skull and Kagome strained against the pain of her own power rebelling against the evil that just oozed from this creature. It felt like she was being burned alive by acid, like her blood was on fire and her bone was frozen by glacier. It was painful and she wanted to cry out only for her voice to fail her as terror rocked through her frame. But the golden light and the voice reached out like hope given form and quenched her pain like water dousing the flame.

[Now then....you must hurry, Link]

Since then, after climbing down the tower named on the Sheikah Slate as the Great Plateau Tower, Sesshoumaru had decided to train them both. He had taken a look at the battered pitchfork before frowning and handed over a carved out wooden sword to Link. He then turned to Kagome and told her to do as she always does; run and shoot, rinse and repeat.

At least she didn't feel bored with Link around. The boy was a riot. Sure there was this odd moment where he became silent as his mind slowly catches up to him, a sign of his memory returning. But Link was a glutton and he will do just about anything for a good meal. So often time Sesshoumaru had used that incentive to push the boy in his training.