THIRTY-EIGHT

There's a pond at the top of the mountain behind their house in the curious shape of a broken heart. Sesshoumaru only discovered it because Link chased a Korok flower up the side of the mountains in an attempt to gain more Korok seeds. When he reached the oddly barren area, there was a man named Mimos who have loitering around waiting for his 'fated one'.

But the reason why this pond stood out in his mind was because he discovered that fairies gathered there. However, they dislike his presence so he set Link to capture them. After learning the reason that Kagome's neck did not scar after that horrible rainy day was because Link used the only fairy he carried on him to heal her, he have been keeping an eye out for the little race. Even if Link and Kagome both can now heal, he does not want to take any chances.

Travelling with just the two of them has always been a silent journey. Link's comfortable with not talking for long period of time and Sesshoumaru didn't really care for mindless chatter on his side. If anything, Kagome made talking easier because of her tendency to bicker with him and discussing with Link. Sesshoumaru also have taken notice that Link has a protective strike when it comes to the troublesome Miko in a sibling-like relation. Point in case was when he glared at the merchant that sells ancients part scavenged from broken and decayed guardians named Teli. He was useful when Link need a particular ancient part to help upgrade that Sheikah Slate of his but he drives a hard bargain with the pricing. Going back to Fort Hateno and rummage some parts on their own were much more practical. But when the merchant swagger up to the Miko and started to flirt, Link's instinct to chase away unworthy males rise up.

As for why he's currently staring at the oddly shaped pond at the break of dawn? They have decided to head towards the Eldin region where the Death Mountain was located. Being the only volcano in Hyrule, it stood as tall as the Hebra mountains. Link overheard from a Goron whom they came across in their travel, self-proclaimed Ambassador of Tourism Boldon, that things have been hard on the Gorons lately. Ever since the Divine Beast Vah Rudania that have been silent for the last century suddenly wake up, Death Mountain have been mercilessly spewing lava rocks even on the resident Goron tribe. Because of this reason too, the number of tourist that came for their famous Goron Hot Spring had dwindled down tremendously.

Kagome have been excitable ever since she heard about the hot springs up the volcanic region. She insisted then that it was all the more reason for them to settle the matter with Vah Rudania. Sesshoumaru half wondered if she have a suicidal tendency because of all the dangers that they had faced so far. After all, from the girl's tales of her home life, she came from a world without war or danger. The most danger one could get from her world was mugging or accidents from metal carriages named cars. Dangers of war were nothing more than a story from far away land.

It can't be good for such a timid lifestyle to suddenly be thrown into day to day life or death survival style. She must be broken somewhere...

He's sure of this...

Perhaps she's still sore from being left behind when he and Link went up Mount Lanayru to visit the Spring of Wisdom that the Princess Zelda had visited a century ago. He can't think of any other reason for her restless nagging to get out of the house.

But then again, the girl's young. Not even seventeen and only those at the age of seventeen and above can go up Mount Lanayru. Considering that it was a decree made from their religion, even Sesshoumaru won't chance it especially with how vulnerable he's currently is. Still, she had griped at them because she missed the sight of Link releasing the spring's infected dragon attendant Naydra from Ganon's Malice. To be honest, Sesshoumaru really don't feel like bringing up the fact that she would just be dragon's snack had she been there...or turned into a block of ice figurine.