FIFTY-FIVE

A week later find them waiting for Link at the Outskirt Stable where Link had overheard about a white horse from an elder stable staff named Toffa. The reason it caught Link's interest was because apparently Princess Zelda once had a white stallion, a breed born and bred for the Royal Family's use. Kagome poked at the cooking pot, smiling at a tiny stable girl followed her mother around singing silly made up songs.

The lady in pink named Aliza passed them by and Kagome giggled from a memory from yesterday evening when they first arrived. Sesshoumaru looked at her and she whispered low enough that only his supernatural hearing can catch, "That girl...she made Link nervous because she told him that she's been waiting for him under the tree there..." She chuckled, "At first he thought that she's a Yiga spy but then she told him that she had a dream of meeting the Hero under that tree and that she has been keeping something for him,"

Sesshoumaru waited as Kagome had a fit of giggling before finally calmed down enough to say, "She gave him this glowing thing that looked like crystals before saying that it was a load off her back. Turned out he's not her type at all!"

The clip-clopping of hooves stopped by them and it seemed that Link had overheard them. Face blushing, he cleared his throat but said nothing as Kagome grinned at him unrepentantly when her angle of sight allowed her to see something that he must have tried to hide because her grin dropped and she frowned at him, "Link...did you have a nosebleed?"

Link froze and his face paled with guilt as he admitted, "I...came across another memory..." He patted the white stallion, "This guy was near the memory trigger and I was caught unaware,"

Kagome huffed, "Did you faint?"

Link rubbed his neck, "I blacked out for a moment but that was it. Horse was still running from me so...I shot up to the sky and aimed to land on his back," He patted the marvelous white stallion with platinum blond locks, "Guy's a rascal," His eyes then softened and Kagome just knew that he had recalled something precious and bittersweet.

But she didn't pressure him into telling. Instead she waited as Link presented the rare white stallion to the stable and then Toffa who presented him with a peculiar saddle and bridle set. It turned out that his family has been keeping the Royal Family's bridle set and the white stallion, named Rhoam, wore it like it was made for him. Kagome raised a brow at the naming and Link blushed, "I just wanted to honor the Old Man," Perhaps also to unite the Princess with a form of her late father.

Rhoam nickered and Link dutifully offered an apple. The group sat around the cooking pot for a little while longer before Link finally informed them, "She was thanking me..." Once they settled their patient gaze on him he continued, "She was thanking me for helping her with her horse, which looked a lot like Rhoam. Even wore the same saddle and bridle. She said that she wasn't sure about him wearing those at first, think that he should earn it, but after I...after I helped her with her horse, she said that he wore it like a natural," He chuckled before settling down, eyes sad with unshed tears.

"It was the day before her seventeenth birthday...tomorrow we will be going up Lanayru Mountain...for the Spring of Wisdom..." His hands gripped into fists, "She was desperate, so very desperate...it was her last chance and...." He started to hyperventilate and Kagome placed a grounding hand on his shoulder. He slowly calmed down and gave her muted thanks before breathing deep and standing up, excusing himself so he could calm himself better.

As they watched him go, Kagome scowled, "Stupid pig,"

Sesshoumaru looked at her, "Pig?"

Kagome rolled her eyes, "I had a fun time at Impa's," The sarcasm was laid thick on the word 'fun', "That tapestry behind her depicts the story she have been repeating over and over whenever Link came to see her. That Calamity Ganon sure looked like a pig to me. So that's what I'm calling him; pig," She sighed, "Poor Zelda, she lost everything and everyone barring Link on her birthday, and even Link was almost lost to her...perhaps still is, what with most of his memories gone..."