FIFTY-ONE

Kagome stayed in Kakariko for Paya to help her go through a special Sheikah physiotherapy so that she will be up and running by the time the boys return from their trip to Tabantha Frontier where the massive shadow of Vah Medoh can be seen hovering over the whole region. Kagome had reassured them that it was a better plan than waiting for her to get back in shape. Besides, Zelda's waiting.

It seemed that being the Princess's companion in that abyss had made her sympathetic towards her. Link only saw that space for a moment, but it was enough reminders to get him running.

Sesshoumaru have no reason to refuse a logical choice, even if that choice meant he'll be separated from her. After admitting to himself regarding his fondness towards Kagome, Sesshoumaru find it hard to have her out of his sight. Her being mortal was part of the reason for his paranoia. Being a quasi-immortal being, Sesshoumaru can't help the fear he felt regarding her mortal state and how close she was to death even in her sleep.

It has come to his understanding that a world without Kagome was not a world worth living.

The Fierce Deity was right, no one can compare. Similarity was all there will be to any who come after her passing, but they can never fill the hole her death will tear open in his chest. Like a black hole, all their company will be consumed by that void.

Sesshoumaru had considered solidarity as the apex of strength, had scorned his Sire for allowing himself a weakness in the form of a mortal woman. His Sire had once held that same value in him. But now he understood, what it meant to have a weakness. The weak are all the more fierce for the exact reason that they're weak and even more when they have a reason to fight for, a resolution to give their all.

What is strength, anyway?

Doesn't he feel his true strength only when he has none left?

Sesshoumaru never felt the need to protect for he never felt the fear of losing anything. Because he was strong, so he believed himself incapable of losing anything worthy of him. But Hyrule had turned his world on its head. Sesshoumaru had become weak, so weak he was hazard to all those around him. But it was nothing compared to what was prophesied to him, now that he had a taste of that fear, that all-consuming terror of losing her...how can he scorn Sire for being weak?

It required true courage to fight that terror, to fight the impossible...

Sesshoumaru finally understood what set his Sire apart, why all Sesshoumaru ever did was chase his Sire's weaker state. He finally realized just how weak he really was, how much of a coward he had been when compared to his Sire. He was a pup not just in strength of body, but in the strength of the mind and the heart as well. Sesshoumaru knew then, what strength of will it had taken his Sire to discard everything for the sake of one who earned his heart and soul.

He also knew that it require greater strength and greater courage to live as the weak, to have need for aids and to swallow his pride for company.

The irony of the world...

When they reached the Tabantha Bridge Stable, Link meet that painter again, what was his name? Pikachu? Pikori? Pikango? Pikango!

Pikango was happy to see the two as well, "Hey! We meet again! Are you two out travelling?"

Link smiled at him, "Something like that. Uh...can I bother you with something?"

"What is it?" Pikango grinned, "Do you have any new pictures you want to show me? I'll see if I can help!"

Link nod his head quickly, reaching for the Sheikah Slate and opening his album. Pikango peered at the peculiar device, marveling at the likeness of the 'paintings' in the 'album'. He then pointed the ones that have a shrine, "I know this one!" He then pointed at the cliff across the ravine where the shrine was located, explaining things to Link as he does. He then grinned, "Was that helpful?"