TEN

Sesshoumaru cleared his throat louder, "Also, this one's clan is the White Clan. We are given the duty to spread order in the East. The Black Clan which is the Head Clan remain in the Middle Kingdom to guard Heaven's Gate," He then redirect the conversation, "This one's ancestry aside-,"

Kagome cut him off, "Aw! But I want to know more! Your ancestry is awesome!"

He fell silent and stared at her in disbelief; although Kagome took his blank staring as annoyance for her cutting him off again. So she shrunk back and return to her meal, "Sorry,"

He decided to file her words for later perusal when he has more privacy as he continued about the disease, "The disease is much more than troublesome because those infected with it seek for one specific type of blood," He stared at her meaningfully, "Holy blood, the blood with the highest tier quality,"

Kagome gaped, meal forgotten as she stared at him before gulping, "So uh...like what? You...you turn into...a vampire after holy people?"

He dislike the way she make his current trouble sound so silly but he nodded in agreement anyway if that was how she understood the matter. He then added, "And thus because of this matter, your blood is the most tempting. This one does not know nor sense any others like you and so your safety is the one with utmost danger,"

Kagome gulped, "So...what cause you to have this...uh...disease?"

Sesshoumaru looked at her neck, "Even in our short acquaintance with each other, this one is sure you know well that this one would never partake in taking a human's blood,"

She nodded, rubbing her neck unconsciously, "Yeah...you hate all humanity and anything to do with human, let alone this quack of a miko,"

He nodded, ignoring his sudden amusement at her self-deprecating words, "Indeed. This one, on normal circumstances, would never allow this oneself to indulge in this taboo. Especially of us who has the protection of the Heaven itself within our blood, it is twice the taboo. The taste of holy blood is equal to the wine fall of Shangri La," At Kagome's disbelieving look, he stressed, "It is simply that potent,"

She shook her head, "No, you sounded like you have tasted the wine of heaven,"

He agreed, "It was a present from Great Ancestor during this one's coming of age,"

Kagome have this inkling that Sesshoumaru is only going to make her more and more curious of his background so she decided to file her wonderment of him for a later date, so she redirect the conversation back to the disease, "So...about this 'bloodlust'?"

Sesshoumaru continue, "In this world, this one's spiritual connection with the heaven has been stripped and thus only this one most basic of existence remain," He stared at her, "You have met this other side,"

Kagome gulped, sweating but chilled to the bone, "That...youkai?"

He corrected, "The beast, the darkness that clings to every creature that has ascended from their mortal caging into that of spiritual existence,"

Kagome blinked slowly, processing his words, "You mean...like when a cat becomes a bakeneko?"

He nodded, "That is the first change. Through cultivation and practicing certain spiritual studies, their form and sentient will ascend into that equal to a man. That is the youkai that your kind often comes across,"

Kagome nodded, "So...if, say, Inuyasha decided to do this cultivation thing, can he become full youkai too?"

She can tell that he was scowling at her in his mind for mentioning his detested relative though his face remained passive, "He will turn into a youko," Before she could question, he added, "Youko are mostly foxes that have stripped themselves of mortal bearing and ascended into celestial plane. He can do this as well...if he could find a youko that will teach him the path,"