SIX

Sesshoumaru woke up to a pounding headache. If this was what those humans call hangover than he certainly glad that his body constitution can only become badly drunk when imbibing heaven's liquor that his Great Ancestor once sent him on his coming of age ceremony. Even then he had only taken a couple of sips under his Sire's careful watch to which he fell unconscious to. But that was not enough to warrant a hangover.

As it is, he's currently in bed with what felt like a female. She has a very familiar scent, one that seemed to permeate through the whole room. There's also the scent of blood. Had he taken a virgin then? But why can he not remember a thing from last night?

As he pulls himself away, he noticed that it was the smell of a torn muscle. The smell of blood was much too strong and Sesshoumaru had indulged in virgin females before and none of them had bled this heavily. Blinking his bleary eyes to focus, he noticed his nose was close the neck of a very dainty female. In his arms, she was all softness and strength.

Pulling away fully, he noticed that he was lightly dressed. His youki felt strange and the buzz in his blood does not feel like the buzz of liquor. It felt stronger, more intoxicating. His taste buds finally taste something and it was blood. Fear lanced through Sesshoumaru in shocking clarity.

He had taken in blood, yes, but unlike the blood of an ordinary kill from a hunt or a battle it was the taste of a sacred blood, even worse; sacred virgin blood.

How?

He had been taught, trained and knew better than to taste the blood of people with power. It is like tasting the light of heaven, the ichor of deities, sacred and forbidden. Once tasted, nothing satisfies. And like all things pure, a sacred virgin is equal to none. Why else barbarians that prey on the weak will ask for a virgin sacrifice?

Pure, untainted, untouched, sacred; nothing equals to violating something so hallowed.

There's power in virgins unlike those touched. Virgins are like a clean canvas, ready to have colors added to it. And like a clean empty bowls, they are to be filled to the brim; pure power. And like all things empty and pure, it is easier to color and taint. To mix with their own, add to their own.

And Sesshoumaru could feel that power energizing him. Wondering why he had done something so taboo that even his Sire lost control in his young age until his Ancestor heeled him, taking a hundred years to clean him of his addiction, Sesshoumaru meditated to examine the inner working of his body.

Kagome woke up to pain in her neck. Luckily for her, it's an off day. Wincing, she tenderly touches her neck. Closing her eyes, she remembered last night. After biting her neck and sucking the blood out of her, Sesshoumaru held her so tightly it felt like he would snap her in half.

Not wanting to cause trouble for Ilya, she kept her silence as she endured his bite. It was painful but as he suck her blood, she felt her dormant power reacting. At first she thought that she will kill him but instead, it felt like he was taking her power into himself along with her blood.

Her whole body felt hot as though she was in a fever. Slowly, she saw his limp hair regain their shine and the sickness that seemed to radiate from him these past months also seemed to disperse, slowly but surely. Not knowing what else to do, Kagome could only cling to him, praying that her blood could bring him health.

Curling her frightened hands under his arm and onto his strong shoulder, she latched on. In that moment, she could only feel her power leaving her and changing inside him, filling the emptiness that was slowly draining from him. And then he stopped, licking her neck with a whine which reminded her of a dog when thanking and apologizing at the same time. His body softened above her and Kagome accepted his weight.