ELEVEN

Settling down beside the stable's fire for the evening as the canyon darkened quickly from the setting sun, Kagome took out a thick blanket made of wool for the night ahead. Unlike the Kagome three months ago, she knew now the basic of surviving camping in the wild thank to the Gerudo training. After finishing her dinner, she looked at Sesshoumaru who seemed to have settled into his ritual of meditation.

She has come to understand that it was his way of culling not only his bloodlust but also fighting the creeping corruption. She sighed as she looked at stars that lit the sky like distant lanterns, and as usual when she was alone her mind wandered to her family back in modern Tokyo. Sighing, she wondered if she will get to ever graduate from middle school, let alone getting into her high school.

Though it has only been a few months that life felt like a different incarnation. Hell, she's not even in her own reality. She recalled reading all those 'isekai' novels where the protagonist ended up in a different world through various means, often through death or summoning. She's not summoned, she was sure that falling through a well into the past leaned more on Alice falling through the rabbit's hole. Tripping into the past is also a well-loved genre back in her time.

But this has nothing to do with that. She already tripped into the past, more like pulled into the past. Got herself kidnapped by a demon, unsealed another demon and somehow turned him into a familiar of sort thus gaining a somewhat reliable guard dog, literally, to help her collect stuff that she broke trying to get it back. Then while battling said guard dog's sibling, she found herself nursing said older dog back to health in another world setting and now they are setting out on a journey to go home to continue collect the stuff she broke.

Kagome groaned, "This situation is far from romantic or great like those stories or drama. If I ever get back and hear those girls talking about fantasizing themselves as the damsel in distress in another world or another time or even the alternate time of another world, I'm going to stuff her down the Bone Eater's Well and see how she likes traipsing through that madness,"

Having lived alone and talking only to a comatose Sesshoumaru the past months, Kagome have gained the unfortunate habit of talking to herself out loud in Japanese. However, unlike before, someone was listening and Sesshoumaru quietly wondered if he should also be concerned with her mental health.

Kagome mused as she rubbed her latest injury, tracing the bite scar on her neck. Digesting everything that Sesshoumaru confessed to her, she now gets a better understanding to his strange reaction to the miasma. She may not have been trained as a priestess, but even she can tell that this world was slowly dying. The strange red moon that shows up randomly brings nothing but dread in her because even a modern girl like her can tell that it has nothing to do with pollution in the air, but something similar to a spell or a curse that she once felt around Yura the Hair Demoness.

She still doesn't understand what was really going on in this land. All she knows was about the calamity that befell the royal family of Hyrule that destroyed the land and since then the world has not been the same since. As she weighed her decision's pros and cons, she began to yawn and slowly her eyes closed her body relaxing as she fell into a deep sleep. Sesshoumaru opened his eyes and instinctually stayed awake to watch guard over her.

With the sun rising in the east, a small comfort to him for that little similarity, he noticed a man running in a panic toward the stable. He eyed the man coldly as he finally stopped and dropped to his knees, whispering in broken words that Sesshoumaru has learned to relate to 'monster' and 'help'. He's a proud creature but Kagome had stressed these two words to him in case they were separated and he needed help should he got attacked by monsters.

He had scoffed at her words at first but the event a day ago had taught him that these monsters carried a sort of disease to him. Their blood, hell even their flesh is poisonous to him.