THIRTY-FIVE

Laflat, Chief Secretary of the Royal Family, had heard of the small girl's mission and thought that she should at least wear something more appropriate for a battle in the water. She caught up to the girl and found her preparing herself with weapons. Clearing her throat, she called out, "Excuse me? May I have a moment please?"

Kagome looked up to find a Zora standing by the entrance, "Yes?"

Laflat handed her a pair of greaves, "This is the Zora greaves, it will help you swim as well as any Zora. I thought that this will help you in this endeavor of yours. Also, as thanks for the tale of Prince Sidon facing the fierce Lynel on Ploymus Mountain managed to scare away reckless Zora from answering the foolish challenge of diving from the Mountain,"

Kagome blinked before recalling noticing a signboard egging people to jump off the cliff. Having looked at the height between the cliff and the water below, the velocity alone would kill her. So she accepted the greaves and smiled, "Thank you. I'll do my best with the rain,"

Luckily she fit in the greaves and this allowed her some easier swimming mobility as opposed to the stealth set's tights. But she felt that the length was a little low on her hips so she supposed she will hand it over to Link after this. Damn his tiny built!

She climbed up the stairs leading to the East Reservoir Lake and found Link standing next to Sidon, Sheikah Slate in his hand. They turn around as she reached them, Sidon blinking at the greaves she's wearing, "I thought the armor store had closed down,"

Kagome shrugged, "I don't know, a Zora lady gave I to me," She turn to Link, "What are you doing here?"

He handed the Sheikah Slate to her, "I figured that since the Divine Beast of Sheikah technology, the ice it produced must be of the same kind as the Cryonis Rune. Maybe you can protect yourself using the rune to break the ice coming your way,"

Kagome stared at the Sheikah Slate before looking at him, "You sure about this? What if I drop it?"

Sidon grinned, "Then I'll fish for it!"

She stared at him, "Was that a pun?"

He stopped and stared back before shaking his head, "No, it wasn't a pun!" Sighing he jumped into the water, "I just jumped into that, didn't I?" Resurfacing, he winced as he found the two grinning at him, "Not a word,"

Kagome slipped into the water, Link's special belt for the Sheikah Slate holding the item safely around her hip. Sidon turned around, "I'll help you climb up the waterfalls at the side of Vah Ruta. See those four orbs? A hundred years ago, Princess Zelda had determined that they generate the electricity required to control the water created by Vah Ruta. See how the red color of the orbs?" He pointed at the Vah Ruta's shoulders.

"The color turned red the day Vah Ruta went out of control so we had concluded that it had run out of electricity. Seggin, whom you know have a remarkable resistance towards shock arrow for a Zora, had shot a shock arrow at it once. Sure enough, it slowed the water a bit," He explained to Kagome as she climbed onto his wide back like a water horse.

Kagome nodded, "So...break the ice coming our way...you jump up the water fall and I aim for those four orbs with shock arrows to feed them electricity...no biggie," She rolled her eyes at her own sarcasm. She then added, "I only hope my aim stays true..."

Sidon nodded as he shot forward, adrenaline pumping in his fins, "I am unstoppable in the water!" As they swam closer he told Kagome that Vah Ruta's reacting to their presence, "She will defend herself with her mysterious power! Prepare for her attacks!"

Kagome hold out the Sheikah Slate and selected the Cryonis Rune. Just like Link had theorized, the rune reacted to ice and she used the function to break the ice. When Link first gained the runes for the Sheikah Slates, he and Kagome had messed around with each rune for a day trying to familiarize themselves with the functions. Once they passed the first level of defense, Sidon called out, "Get ready to swim upward! Do you have your shock arrows?"

Kagome silently prepared an arrow nocked to the bowstring and nodded, "Arrow prepared!"

Sidon took her cue and dashed up the waterfall, making sure that her head remained above the rushing water as much as possible and when he reached the top, he jumped high. Kagome still her nerves and aimed for the orb. But her aim fell short, barely reaching the orb before they fall back into the reservoir. Kagome gasped as they resurface and she apologized, "Sorry! The arrow fell short of the orb!"

Sidon replaced her on his back, "It's alright! Can you keep going?"

She nodded, "Keep going. The faster we feed those orbs with electricity, the better. I warn you though; I may need several more tries to get use to shooting the arrows what with falling back down and all,"

Sidon grinned nonetheless, "I won't expect any less from you! Do not mind the falling back I will jump higher than before so you will have more time to aim!"

"Thanks!"

On the dock of the East Reservoir Point, Link watched as Kagome and Sidon kept on swimming. He turned around when he heard someone come closer and saw both Bazz and Seggin heading towards him, two more Zora guards following behind them as well as Muzu himself. Bazz smiled at him before asking, "How was it?"

Link returned to watch the two continue their battle against Vah Ruta's icy defense, "They are doing their best. Luckily the Cryonis Rune can break the ice before it could hit them," He gasped along with the Zora when one the red orbs finally turn green. But he can't help but worry, "It has been over an hour since they started,"

Seggin shifted, "That girl...will she be alright? Even for a Zora, fighting the current of the waterfall for over an hour can be tiring. I have confidence in the Prince's stamina but the girl..."

Link have no answer, he can only pray that Kagome will make it out alright. The group can only watch helplessly as the Prince leapt up the waterfall with the girl on his back, jumping as high as he could so she could properly aim for the orbs on Vah Ruta's shoulders. One more orb turned green and the Zora can't help the cheer coming from them at the small victory...

"Where is she?"

Link turned around at the familiar voice, the Zoras following his eyes and saw the final member of their group staggering under heavy raincoats. Link greeted him, "Sesshoumaru!"

The Daiyoukai narrowed his gaze, "Where is the Priestess?"

Link stopped and sighed, "She decided to stop the rain..." He looked at his still bandaged and braced arms, "She took over what I should have done..."

Sesshoumaru bite back an angry growl as he watched the Miko recklessly take over a job belonging to a trained knight. Link added, "She was worried about you,"

Sesshoumaru didn't say anything more. He understands enough that she's not the type to sit back when a clear solution presented itself before her, even if those solutions require her to do things that she usually didn't do. Suddenly, the sky cleared as the Divine Beast's raised trunk lowered into the water, the Zoras cheering around him. Even from this distance, Sesshoumaru fought against the wrongness the mechanical creature gave him but he refused to be defeated.

He watched as a larger Zora swam towards them, the Miko barely clinging with fatigue clear on her face. Sesshoumaru threw off the heavy raincoat and jumped into the water, ignoring the stinging of the liquid burning his exposed skin as he reached for the barely conscious Miko. Sidon blinked at the one named Sesshoumaru, noticed that wherever the water touches him, his skin looked angry and scalded. The man silently grabbed his charge off of his back.

Kagome groaned, "Sesshoumaru? I must be hallucinating," She mumbled at him as he carried her to shore, "My whole body hurts..."

"Hn..." He then added as he cradled her, "You've done well..."

He looked at Link and nodded at the Sheikah Slate, "This one is sure that there is a similar function on that beast like it has with the Shrines,"

Link immediately understood and asked Sidon, "Can you help me get to the Divine Beast? I would like to register the travel gate on the Divine Beast..."

Sesshoumaru listen with half an ear as Link explained to the Zora Prince about the Sheikah Slate and that he needed to at least register the travel gate so that he may enter Vah Ruta with ease at a later date. He studied the sleepy Miko's face, frowning.

He cannot let what happened repeat...