FORTY THREE

Yunobo winced as something occurred with Vah Rudania, "Oh...yikes...a Sentry is always a nuisance, no matter where it is how many of them there are," Sesshoumaru can see why the name was given as strange mechanical designs flew out of the mechanical salamander and hovered over the path they will need to take to get to the series of cannons. Yunobo added, "If one finds you, Rudania will go nuts, which will cause Death Mountain to erupt, goro. I...always get spotted, and then magma bombs come raining after another..." He gulped at the look Sesshoumaru sent him. Death Mountain has always been hot but that look somehow managed to lower the temperature around Yunobo that the Goron shivered.

He continued meekly, "If Boss were here, he'd swat those magma bombs away like they were nothin' and force his way up! I don't think you'd be able to do that, goro. And I don't wanna cause you any trouble,"

Sesshoumaru nodded, "Indeed, as this one is made of flesh and not of rock, hitting rocks made of lava would not end well for this one's hands. However, a solution must be given for we cannot stop now. Not with Rudania so close to the city..."

Yunobo think for a while before nodding, "Hmm...I get it! Maybe the best idea is for you to give me a signal to let me know when I should stop and when I can move forward. Let's hurry and decide what the signal will be, goro!"

Sesshoumaru smirked, "A whistle,"

"A whistle? That's a great idea! Although...it sounded like calling a horse, goro..."

"A solution is a solution, regardless what it sounds like," With that Sesshoumaru moves forward. Yunobo quickly ambled after, not sure if rolling will allow him to stop in time when Sesshoumaru whistled, "Okay, then. I'm counting on you and your whistles to make sure I'm not spotted by the Sentries!"

Sesshoumaru studied the path and the flight pattern of the Sentries as he moved cautiously and quickly, whistling whenever he felt that the Sentries come too close to discover them. Luckily their range of detection weren't that wide so going past them only required some stealth and timing on their part. Although Sesshoumaru had wondered if the presence of the Sentries will affect him like their main body does, so far all he feel were the flames of Death Mountain. Soon they reached a canon guarded by two Moblins and Sesshoumaru chanced by covering his hand with toxic energy and slashed at their throats with his whip made of youki. He waited but there was no dizziness. Perhaps he can do this...

The fire continues to purify the tainted energy of Hyrule as they moved forward and he braved using his unstable youki over and over, crashing down three of the Sentries. Yunobo's words of encouragement followed him after every successful attack on Rudania. When the Yunobo's final hit chased away Vah Rudania to hide in the depth of Death Mountain, he heard a familiar voice; "You did it!"

Sesshoumaru looked at Link who had chased after them as soon as Kagome informed him where they had gone off to. The Hylian had followed the sounds of explosions and saw Sesshoumaru manning a cannon while Yunobo shot out of it with the now familiar sphere of energy. Link stopped in his track, "Sesshoumaru?" He cautiously asked, "Are you okay?"

The Daiyoukai frowned, "What?"

Link bit his lip and reached into his travel pack, holding out a compact mirror that Kagome had insisted that they all carry and showed Sesshoumaru his reflection. Sesshoumaru blinked at the sight of jagged markings and his crimson eyes along with larger fangs. But he did not feel feral; if anything he felt stronger than he had ever did traveling Hyrule.

Yunobo reached, gasping as he swayed on his feet, "That was so cool! You really give it a licking, brother!" He then noticed Link, "Huh? Why are you here, brother?" His sight finally cleared and he saw Sesshoumaru's face, "Whoa! What happened to your face, brother?"