TWO

Kagome yawned and realized that somehow she had managed to not fry herself under the sun for falling asleep in the most merciless condition. She knew she should not fall asleep, not with the heat and the danger, danger, danger all around her. She had latched onto the fear of unknown danger and the most dangerous predator beside her to stay awake but the heat and her fatigue won over with a one sided massacre of her sense of safety. Inuyasha would kill her if he ever found out about her lack for self-preservation, not that he can say anything about his own lack of self-preservation.

Then she realized, as her mind wake some more, that she has been moved sometime during her 'nap'.

She quickly sits up, looking around her and saw nothing amiss other than Sesshoumaru looking worse than she last saw him- wait! Sesshoumaru!

As she ran her eyes over his person once more, she noticed the signs of their shifting on the sand. It seemed that he had helped shift her as the shadows of sun moved. Not knowing how to react by the rather unexpected kindness, especially since he not only remained with her and aided in keeping her cool, he also didn't eat her or steal the jewel shard that she have with her. Kagome gulped down the dryness in her throat as she crept closer to him and peered at his unconscious face.

His head was beaded with sweat and the slight frown that marred his otherwise doll-like mien seemed so out of place on the usually cold expression he seemed to favor. His breathing also seemed to be heavy as short gasps of air managed to be captured by Kagome's human ears. Kagome straightened and looked at the weather.

The sands shifted all around them and the air seemed to tremble. Kagome frowned, wondering where she has seen the phenomenon before. If there was anything that she can consider having an upper hand when it comes to survival in the unknown it would be that her time has an abundance of information about natural phenomenon without the victim being in the actual vicinity. Wracking her mind, she decided to look behind the rock that they were leaning on and saw the tsunami of sands bellowing towards them. Sounds of thunder crashing in the distance greeted her, loud enough to be recognized by Kagome's duller six senses as the taste of ozone bloomed in her mouth, her hair rising up in expectation and her skin tingling with static.

Something snapped like electric besides her and Kagome looked down to see Sesshoumaru's armor throwing sparks and Kagome jumped into action. She knew what will happen if she didn't take his armor off as the wind pick up with a lazy vengeance.

Sesshoumaru stirred into his senses where he was knocked out by the heavy feeling of wrongness and vertigo to dainty fingers touching the clasps of his armor clumsily. A growl of warning rumbled up his throat as he saw the wench that caused his illness trying to figure out his chest plate. She drew back as though burned but her blue eyes sparked with determination and concern, parting the cloud of fear and wariness as she opened her mouth, "We need to take it off,"

When Sesshoumaru's focus sharpened on her face with suspicion, Kagome added, "There's a sandstorm coming toward us and I heard thunder. Plus, you are the only one here with metals on your body,"

Sesshoumaru immediately understood what the girl was implying and though he wanted to be rid of his protection, his movement proved to be sluggish and heavily affected by his condition. The girl bit her lower lip and offered as the wind pick up speed, her black hair dancing wildly with the current around her head, "Let me help. Just show me where and I'll figure it out," Her grandfather have shown her their family's armor, one that he don on every Kachiya and one she had aided on helping him take off.

Knowing that he won't make it from how the fine fur on his humanoid form rising up and the taste of ozone filling his mouth, Sesshoumaru begrudgingly showed her the hidden clasp and though she seemed to lack common sense, the girl instantly latched onto the hidden clasp and quickly worked on the ties.