SEVENTEEN

Kagome feel sad for Link. She had thought about what it means to live in a coma for a hundred years. She knew that Sesshoumaru could not empathize with Link; he lived for far longer than Link's slumber after all. A part of her was glad that she will be there for her new found friend for this journey.

After Rhoam faded, leaving a heartfelt plea for them to save his daughter, Kagome watched as Link stared at the empty space where the Last King of Hyrule once floated. His eyes were empty and that hurt more than if he expressed his hurt. Kagome looked at the only two physical proofs that they did once have an elderly but strong friend named Rhoam. His full name was Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule and he saw himself as a powerless fool. They knew him for a week but they loved him like they knew him forever. Kagome does not know what Link felt about the old man, his once King, but she felt a kinship with Rhoam who enjoyed listening to her going on and on about her Grandpa and his shenanigans. His passing, though he's already dead, left emptiness in her.

Meanwhile, Sesshoumaru was looking north-eastward. Rhoam had told them to seek out one of the remaining people still alive from the time when the King himself lives. A person named Impa. But he knew that first they will need to fill up the empty spaces in the incomplete map on the Sheikah Slate. As he stared at the orange tower standing just before gap between the Dueling Peaks, Kagome's voice brought him out of his musing.

"Sesshoumaru, do you know where his grave is? I mean...a ghost is always near their resting place...right?"

She was looking at him earnestly, her worry and compassion for the lonely man-child before her. Link looked at him as well, the loss and confusion hidden by stoic determination in his eyes. Sesshoumaru nodded, "I do," He turned around and began to lead them the path to Rhoam's lonely grave.

It was funny. They had met Rhoam standing right next to his grave. Fitting for a fallen King, his grave was built at the peak of Mount Hylia overlooking the ruined and contaminated castle. Even in death, he wished to watch over his daughter. Rhoam once told Kagome how he wished he had better relation with his daughter. He was certain that she had hated him. But at the same time he wanted only the best for his dear daughter even if it means pushing her away from him.

She wondered what he thought of when he stood here waiting for Link to wake up for 100 years, watching his daughter fighting all alone.

She looked at Link who placed some wild flowers on the cold grave. After a while, they bid the King goodbye and left.

Sesshoumaru had Link train with the paraglider from a lower height before increasing the height ever higher. As they watched Link climb all the way back to that tower where Rhoam bid his goodbye, Kagome asked Sesshoumaru, "He asked you to help Link, didn't he?"

"Hn,"

"What made you agree?"

Kagome have traveled with Sesshoumaru long enough to understand that he never do things for the sake of charity, especially when he wanted to get back to his original job of overseeing the Western Gate, otherwise known to common youkai as the Western Land, that he inherited from his Sire as soon as he could. She watched him and when he answered in Japanese, she knew it was hard to say in his limited Hylian vocabulary.

"The Princess, she will be the key to find a way to return. If we help the boy save the Princess, she and he will both be indebted and compelled to return the gesture," He gazed at Kagome through the corner of his calculating eyes, "She has the brightest mind in all of the land, or so he claimed, being the bearer of Wisdom. Not to mention, her title alone will help find proper aid from key figures that governed this land," He then turn to Link who had landed into a small run, his face alight with excitement, "Also, this Sesshoumaru has a strong belief that the boy will be involved with many of the land's authority in his journey. Getting involved brings a lot of pros than cons, considering that our journey will lead us to danger nonetheless. Especially with those things like the one back at the Gerudo Desert roaming about,"