SIXTY-FOUR

Sesshoumaru slammed his sword against the Lynel's own Crusher. Link has been busy building a trustworthy reputation with the Gerudo by picking up odd jobs. Just last week they went hunting Moldugas across the Gerudo Desert because a worried wife needed its guts that apparently hold strong medicinal value to help her husband strange illness. Since it could be used by them in the future, Sesshoumaru had dragged Link to kill as many Moldugas as possible.

Now they were busy picking up Wildberries to help a little girl start up her garden in a cold, empty lot within the city. This also would hopefully stop the woman polluting its water source by throwing her Hydromelon wastes into the water. Link also had picked up on an odd quest from this creepy Hylian man running around the city's outer wall.

The only reason he insisted on taking up the quest was because of the promised boots. Sesshoumaru had questioned his sanity on the matter of the boots but when he heard the unique effect of the boots upon usage through the desert, he had promptly helped Link. Link had been loaned the Snow Boots to help him look for the fabled Eight Heroine in the Gerudo Highlands.

But upon scouting the frozen land, Sesshoumaru discovered many forgotten treasure chests half buried under the snow. However, with treasure chests comes its unknowing guardian; monsters. Thus he was currently busy sparring against a Silver Lynel. Link meanwhile hid nearby, keeping an eye out on Snow Octorocs or Ice Lizalfos.

Link sighed as Sesshoumaru continue to prolong the battle. He knew why Sesshoumaru have restless, going around killing as many enemies as they entered his sight; Kagome has yet to wake up. The first few days after their battle with Thunderblight Ganon, Kagome was trapped in a state of waking terror before finally succumbing into a coma. Though at the beginning she was the most capable of their group, it has come to light that she's also the weakest in battle.

Kagome was far from useless. She can hold her ground for sure against greater odds, but it does not change the fact that after each fight, she carried the most wound on her body. Luckily her skill with healing meant that little could scar her but it still stings whenever he caught sight of white nicks and lines on her body. Thus after the battle against Ganon's piece, it has proven that they will need to get even stronger before face the beast that bring Calamity to Hyrule.

Kagome's purification ability is powerful and if by Sesshoumaru's standard, the most powerful of her people. But when compared to Zelda's Demigoddess ability, it was nothing. And even Zelda's goddess blood could not destroy or hold Ganon fully at bay for a hundred years, which was a testament to the potency of her holy power; Kagome's own ability would not stand a chance.

What was a mortal's gift compared to that of a God?

Link's own sword, forged from steels and stones given by the Goddess Hylia millenniums ago, could only seal Ganon in its best condition. Ganon's an evil that could contest against the Three Goddesses as well as the Golden Goddess. No matter how many time he's been slayed, his curse held strong. Even now, ages since his last mortal reincarnation, he haunts the very land he cursed.

His hatred and malice cannot be compared to common beasts.

The Lynel's weak roar of defiance as its life fade away woke Link from his deep thinking. He looked at Sesshoumaru who simply stared at the sky as Naydra made her way across the faded grey of the highland, the Lynel dead and mauled at his feet. Even from behind, Link can feel the restless air that the large male carries. The battle with Thunderblight Ganon and their effect on Kagome left a bitter taste on Sesshoumaru's tongue and it shows.

He has been seeking stronger and stronger enemies, seeking to strengthen himself against the best of Ganon's beasts. His mind whirling, drawing up strategies and plans for facing Ganon. Already before their departure into the land of Gerudo, Riju received news of unrest at Hyrule's Castle as well as its surrounding land from Gerudo travellers and her allies; the monsters growing restless and more aggressive, evolution amongst their ranks becomes more and more frequent. Worse of all, the movements of the corrupted Guardians growing more and more calculated, controlled, rather than its mindless lumbering that haunted the land and fields for the past one hundred years.