TWENTY-ONE

"You there! Who are you?! How dare you trespass upon Lady Impa's abode!"

Kagome stared at the yelling guard guarding the torii leading to Impa's House, "We didn't even step on the stairs," She answered with a deadpan tone. Sesshoumaru stared at the other guard and noticed the man staring at the Sheikah Slate on Link's belt, the item once again giving his identity away, "Hm? Is that...a Sheikah Slate? But that would mean you are...no, it's not possible. Can it be?"

The other guard also took notice and the two's tense pose disappeared after sharing a look, the one that noticed the Sheikah Slate apologizing, "Please forgive us for behaving so rudely. Of course we have heard the legends from Lady Impa herself. Please, friend..." They stepped aside to allow entrance, "Go ahead and step inside,"

Link looked at his companions and asked, "Can they come in too?"

The guards narrowed their gaze at the two outsiders before one of the guard asked, "Can they be trusted?"

Kagome tense as she saw their hands returned to the handle of the blades hanging on their hips before Link stepped forward and stared the man down, "I trust them with my life," His words immediately changes their tune and they calmed down once more, nodding at him but keeping an eye on her and especially on Sesshoumaru's intimidating presence. As she followed Link, she turned to Sesshoumaru who glared down on the two wary guards, the muscles of their neck tense from the stare down. Sighing, she called him, "Come on, Sesshoumaru! We need to talk to Impa if we want to gain their trust,"

As he followed her, she whispered, "Besides, we can't just pick a fight with everyone we don't know. That will make us more suspicious,"

"Hn,"

As they reached the top of the stair, they noticed a young Sheikah girl wiping the floor with a content smile on her face. When Link came forward, she tensed and looked up before shrieking, "Wuh! A man?! A girl? Two men?!!" She quickly covered her face, bewildering not only Link but also Kagome and a disinterested Sesshoumaru who came up behind them, raising a confused brow at her extreme reaction to their presence.

She took a peek and her shoulders jumped from surprise though she still hid her blushing face, "Huh? Is that-?" Wonder caused her to lower her hands and she stared at object on Link's hip, "It's...a Sheikah Slate!" She then noticed them staring at her and once again her hands quickly hid her face but Kagome can see her peeking at them, "Could you be the hero my grandmother told me about? What was his name? Li...Lin...ummm..."

She started shaking with embarrassment and Kagome started to feel sorry for her as she explained, "Oh, it's not that I forgot...I'm just bad with speaking. As for me, my name is Pa...Paa...Paaay..." Kagome started to gesture at her in encouragement, causing Sesshoumaru to look at her in confusion, until the girl finally say it, "Oh! My name is Paya!"

She then placed her hands on her chest with relief, "Phew! I got it out..."

Kagome smiled in shared relief, "Yes, you did,"

Paya blushed at her compliment, "I know I should be able to say that easily, seeing that it's my own name and all. I'm so...sorry," She grasped her hand together as she shifted on her feet, peaking at Link and his company from the corner of her lashes, "Anyway, my grandmother's been awaiting your return ever since I was little. Plea...please hurry inside," She then once again hid her face from sheer embarrassment with a squeak.

Link thanked her and stepped forward, heart in his throat. The King told him to meet Impa, but he felt that he should know her yet nothing come to mind. Noticing his hesitation, Kagome placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. She nodded at him, "I'll let you talk with her privately first. We'll wait out here,"