FOUR

Kagome felt faint. After the second morning of the third day where she woke up feeling feverish, Kagome wondered if it was her fate to die in a dessert due to dehydration. She barely has enough saliva to wet her lips and she can't even pee due to how much her body craves water. She knew this much; human can survive three weeks without food by only three days without water. This would be her third day.

Worse of all Sesshoumaru for whatever reason seemed to have fallen in a coma of sort, he won't wake up no matter what she did! She had even become so desperate that she contested death by slapping him hard...twice. Her right hand still stung and she could feel the tell-tale tenderness of a bruise. This was the sort of cruel reality she was facing; bitch slap a defenseless guy and get a bruise instead of the intended victim of the hardest bitch slap she ever bestowed in her life. Damn youkai didn't even have a red mark!

Kagome sighed, wondering if she should chance the deadly dessert ahead and leave the safe cool cavern of the skull she called sanctuary. If she leaves she might find help or an oasis, though that would be one in a billion chances with her sort of luck lately. But because of said rotten luck, she might also come across slave merchants...nope, she won't chance it.

As she sat on this particular dilemma of her, she saw someone running toward the large skeleton and tensed. If Sesshoumaru was awake, she could hide and let him deal with whoever it was although whoever it was might ended up as lunch. But he's not so this leave her as the only one to defend both of them, not that Sesshoumaru would thank her once he decided to wake up from his beauty sleep. But from what she can see from where she sat, the unexpected guest seemed to be looking for a place to cool down as well.

They came toward her and looked up, finally noticing the girl sitting at the mouth of the skull turned cave. Kagome stared at this new person, wondering if they are youkai due to their long, elvish ears and tanned skin although Kagome believed the tanned skin was due to the environment. The person stood tall, a head taller than Sesshoumaru even, and wore heels that added to their height.

From their dressing, resembling something she would expect from the Aladdin rendition of a certain studio back home, she can tell that they belong to the same gender as her. The woman came closer to Kagome until she entered the skull and Kagome panicked, thinking if she should tell the truth and ask for a clue to return home or make up a story. Also, how does she explain Sesshoumaru comatose state?

As her heart beat in her throat, the taller and rather bird-like woman that reminded Kagome of vultures from her very prominent beaked nose, opened her mouth and asked, "?"

Kagome blinked, "Huh?"

The woman blinked and asked again, this time her intonation slower as if she thought Kagome did not catch her question the first time, "?"

Kagome paled and gulped, "I'm sorry, what?"

The desert woman blinked, frowned and asked something else, this time the language sounded different with slightly different intonation, "?"

Kagome blinked as she became flustered, replying back in the only other language she knew; English, "I-am-sorry-I-do-not-under-stand," Her intonation halted several time like a robot, stiff and formal from awkwardness.

The desert woman stared at her and Kagome stared back, the latter finally understand the saying of duck meet chicken. The desert woman finally seemed to get that Kagome does not speak any language or slang that she knew as she straightened her back that she bent to talk at the tiny structured girl sitting on the sand by her feet with and unconscious person on her lap, scratching her vibrant red hair. The air became tense from the awkward company and the inability to communicate.