My phone pinged and I looked down to see Stephano had replied with an 'okay'.

"Then you surely remember we already sorted out the expenditure with-" Kara stopped talking and nudged my shoulder with a scowl on her face. "Hey!"

I heaved a sigh and typed on my phone, sending a wink emoji to Diego to see if he was off work so I could call him soon. If he replied with an emoji, he was off work. If he replied with 'no' or didn't read it, that meant he was really busy.

What interesting thing could we possibly do today? Maybe just watch a movie and argue over dumb stuff as usual. I smiled at the thought. "I think I'm going out Kara."

"What? Why?" She stared at me with disbelief clearly written all over her face.

"I... I don't feel too good." I lied. I felt fucking great. I just didn't want Kara to dote on me any longer and whenever I told her to stop fussing over me, it always made me feel like I was an being ungrateful for the attention she showered.

"About what?" She asked softly, biting her lower lip. Ugh, not again.

"Everything. Anything. I just, I need to go out like, right now." I groaned at her soft look. 

Kara narrowed her eyes. "We planned to study together this night. How the hell can you ditch me now?"

I rolled my eyes at her tone.

"You sound like your boyfriend just left yo-" I was cackling when I froze. Biting my lower lip really hard, I nodded and took an exhale. My boyfriend did leave me, but it wasn't like he did it intentionally but yeah. My boyfriend left me anyway. 

"You can't leave again." Kara softly said.

"Jeez, relax. I'll be back soon." I did another skyward eye roll at her tone.

"We have test to read for. How dare you!" Kara screeched, throwing a popcorn my way and I was back to cackling at her words as I dodged her lame attacks. 

I gave her a stare that told her I was bored. "Stop your exaggerating, miss nose-in-the-book. I'll be back tomorrow. I just...need a break."

At that, Kara's shoulders slumped. She looked at me as if I was just going to run outside and get in front of a moving vehicle.

"I really can't change your mind...can I?"

"Nope."

"Okay." She muttered.

I did an eye roll. "I wasn't seeking your permission. Just telling you." I got up and went into the room to have a nice shower and get out of here.

I changed into a short pleated skirt that only went a little below my bum, then matched it with black crop top and gladiator sandals. I applied foundation, contour and the usual addition to make my face look brighter than the actual sleepless face of Adrian Houston.

Then I added some mascara to make my eyes look bigger and applied some lip gloss, smacking my lips together as I latched my wristwatch to my wrist. 

I knew Diego would compliment my appearance even though I wasn't wearing anything flamboyant. He always did. The thought of him doing that made me chuckle.

My phone pinged and I checked it to see Marie, my step mom inviting me over for some family dinner. She knew I wouldn't come, but it was nice of her to invite me anyway.

I grabbed my sling bag and checked to make sure my phone, charger, some cash and bubblegum was in there.

"I'm leaving baby." I went out to peck Kara's lips instead of her cheek, wheezing with laughter when she sputtered cuss words at me in aggravation. Ah, it was so good to get on that girl's nerves.