Chapter 61 - Joining New Moon Profound Palace

After leading Yun Che and Xia Yuanba into Elder’s Hall, Sikong Han sat down and carefully examined Yun Che. Without the air of arrogance that a Profound Palace’s Great Elder appointed by the Imperial Family should have, he instead asked with a look of concern: “You say you’re Elder Brother Xiao’s grandson, yet how come your family name is Yun?”

“That’s right, that’s right. Brother-in-law, how come you referred to yourself as Yun Che? Is it possible that after you were able to locate your biological parents after being expelled from Xiao Clan?” Xia Yuanba hurriedly asked.

Yun Che replied: “Junior is actually not Grandfather’s biological grandson. However, Grandfather has raised me like one of his own for the past sixteen years. Half a year ago, I was expelled from the Xiao Clan and upon my departure, Grandfather informed me that my family name was actually Yun.”

“So that’s why.” Sikong Han slowly nodded and said: “Actually, I had already heard about this.”

Yun Che lifted his head with a face full of surprise.

Sikong Han audibly sighed and continued: “Half a year ago, the son of the Xiao Sect’s Master… I remember his name was Xiao Kuangyun, was enroute from Floating Cloud City. They would after all, have to come through New Moon City; therefore, our New Moon Profound Palace had to have paid a little bit of attention to this. Afterwards, we found out a bit of information; now this small bit of information would be irrelevant to most, but as it was related to Elder Brother Xiao, I had to further investigate it. At once, I found out he had been punished by his own clan to spend fifteen years in the rear mountains, and his grandson had also been expelled as well. There were numerous times I wanted to go and help Elder Brother Xiao. It’s just that as the Great Elder of New Moon Profound Palace, I couldn’t just leave for a long period of time; therefore, alas…”

“There’s no need for Elder Sikong to blame himself. If Grandfather knew you had this sort of intention, I believe he would’ve certainly appreciated it.” Yun Che courteously replied. Even though Sikong Han had not been able to take any sort of action, one could see he was sincerely worried about Xiao Lie’s situation.

“That said, how did Elder Sikong meet Grandfather in the past?” Yun Che asked.

“Hehe, it was seven years ago. I was on a trip to Floating Cloud City for a work related matter and brought my twelve year old son along; but an enemy of mine had found out and waited in ambush there. I was ambushed just when I was able to enter the city. I used all of my strength just to defend myself and had no time to attend to my son. Just when my son was about to be killed, Elder Brother Xiao had appeared and saved my son’s life… This Sikong Han only has one son and if it wasn’t for Elder Brother Xiao, my family line would have ended right there with me. After all these years, I have never forgotten this kindness, nor have I found a way to repay it.”

Remembering this past event, Sikong Han sighed endlessly. He looked at Yun Che and praised: “Speaking of which, you are truly worthy of being Elder Brother Xiao’s grandson; to actually have broken through the Elementary Profound Realm into the Nascent Profound Realm at such a young age. This kind of innate ability, even in New Moon City, would be considered first-class. Your grandfather is Floating Cloud City’s number one expert, and your future accomplishments would surely not lose to your grandfather’s.”

“What?” The Xia Yuanba to the side asked with wide eyes: “Elder Sikong, did you just say that my brother-in-law is already in the Nascent Profound Realm?” This-this…Elder Sikong, are you sure you’re not mistaken? My brother-in-law had his Profound Veins crippled since childhood and had never been able to pass the first level of the Elementary Profound Realm; how could he possibly be in the Nascent Profound Realm!”