Chapter 25 - Upheaval 4

Today could be said to be the Xiao Clan's busiest day.

Early in the morning, the Xiao Clan entrance was already densely crowded. All of the influential families of Floating Cloud City could be seen here, and furthermore, they were represented by their heads. Although there were many present, none dared to be loud. They all whispered to one another in the smallest voices possible for fear that they would disturb the important guests amongst the Xiao Clan.

"I heard a long time ago that the Xiao Clan's founder came from the Xiao Sect. It looks to be unexpectedly true."

"The Xiao Clan will be soaring to new heights. We have to maintain a good relationship with them from now on."

"Good thing I've never offended the Xiao Clan, otherwise I wouldn't be able to eat or sleep in peace."

"Old Mu, why did you come too?"

"Oh, every one was rushing to be the first here, so I couldn't not come. They're here to establish a relationship, but I'm here just in case. What if that brat from the Xiao Sect checked how many influential families were in Floating Cloud City and then saw that no one from my Mu family came here? If they find some fault with that, then my entire family would have to bear the consequences."

Xiao Clan's entrance remained closed, and everyone outside all waited with great care. Not one of them dared to leave.

They waited until nine in the morning.

Before dawn, a platform had been set up in the empty ground in the middle of Xiao Clan, with chairs, tables, and all kinds of equipment set up around it. At eight in the morning, Xiao Clan sounded an urgent order for all of its inhabitants to assemble. At once, the Xiao Clan's inhabitants gathered together as they immediately rushed to the rendezvous spot. In less than a quarter of an hour, everyone in the Xiao Clan, be they young or old, were in their designated positions with not one missing.

Today would be the Xiao Clan's most significant day. They all clearly knew what was going to happen today, and the vast majority had looks of excitement and anticipation. There were even some with mediocre talent who still wished in their hearts for the chance to be chosen by those from the Xiao Sect.

Xiao Che was basically the last to arrive. When he walked in leading Xia Qingyue by the hand at a pace that was neither fast nor slow, he instantly became the focus of everyone present... Of course, if was just him alone, chances were that no one would even want to look at him twice. What was important was the Xia Qingyue at his side!

She had an exquisitely graceful posture and a complexion that was alluring enough to conquer not only a city, but the world as well. The people there acted as if they were seeing an incomparably beautiful river fairy slowly walking towards them. This was especially true for the young men, who stood there with glazed eyes and wildly beating hearts. Some even had drool unconsciously streaming down the corners of their mouths..

In contrast, Xiao Che at her side... His face was pale, his eyelids drooped, his eyes seemed soulless, and his footsteps lacked strength. He had not even walked a dozen steps and had already yawned three times with the appearance of someone who had had excessive sexual intercourse and now yearned for sleep.

Huh? Excessive sexual intercourse....

As they thought of this and also saw the two of them hand in hand, quite a few people clenched their teeth as they trembled all over. Their eyes radiated a deep disastifaction and a flaming jealousy. Upon thinking about this heavenly beauty, a goddess who they yearned for in their dreams being pressed down every day by the piece of waste that they looked down on the most, their stomachs almost split open with anger and jealousy.