Chapter 2- Losing Control

At this time, he was wearing a red wedding robe in a room plastered everywhere with “double happiness” red cloth. Last night, his grandfather Xiao Lie and his aunt Xiao Lingxi personally arranged this handiwork. His bedroom had been transformed into a wedding room.

Suddenly, the door opened and an ethereal figure hastily came in. Xiao Che immediately stood up and smiled: “Aunt, is grandfather back?”

Xiao Lingxi was Xiao Lie’s daughter from when he was middle-aged. Although she was Xiao Che’s aunt, she had only turned 15 this year and was one year younger than Xiao Che. She was still quite young but her beauty was already charmingly touching. Her profound strength level was at the early sixth level of the Elementary Profound Realm but even though she is not on par with Xia Qingyue if compared, her spirit level wasn’t that bad since she was an important asset to the Xiao Clan and was held in high regard.

“Oh, Che’er, you have finally woken up.”

A gentle voice spread across the room as Xiao Lie entered. Seeing Xiao Che already out of bed with a normal complexion, Xiao Lie relaxed a bit. Behind him followed his housekeeper Xiao Hong and the number one doctor in Floating Cloud City — Dr. Seto.

“It’s good that you have woken up and you do not look ill anymore but let Dr. Seto examine you. Today is your wedding day and we cannot have the slightest error. Dr. Seto, please go ahead.” Xiao Lie stepped aside during his speech.

Dr. Seto put his medicine chest onto the table and sat in front of Xiao Che, lifting his hands to finger the pulse on Xiao Che’s wrist. After a while, he took his hands off Xiao Che.

“Dr. Seto, how is Xiao Che’s condition? Is it serious?” Xiao Lingxi asked worriedly, with fearful nervousness etched on her face.

Although he did not speak, Xiao Lie appeared solemn and had a fierce look on his face…. How could he not be aware that Xiao Che’s sudden collapse was strange.

Dr. Seto’s face slowly lit up and eased into a smile: “ Elder Xiao you do not need to worry, your grandson’s physical condition is excellent. He has no major ailments or even the slightest cold. Perhaps your grandson fainted because he was so nervous and excited that his blood rushed to his head. After all your grandson is marrying Xia Clan’s daughter, the number one beauty in Floating Cloud City. Ha ha ha.”

Although Dr. Seto tried to conceal his contempt, his words revealed his regret. A talented woman marrying a useless good for nothing with no future was truly hard for someone to accept.

“That’s great news.” Xiao Lie sighed in relief and nodded in thought: “It must be hard on Dr. Seto to be pulled over so early in the morning. Hong, escort Dr. Seto to the living room to rest.”

“It’s fine” Dr. Seto replied with a wave of his hand and lifted his medicine chest: “Since your grandson is alright, I will take my leave. Congratulations to Elder Xiao on meeting Floating Cloud City’s most outstanding grand daughter-in-law. I do not know how many people must envy you right now. Ha ha. Farewell.”

“You must remember to come to the wedding for a drink. Hong, escort Dr. Seto out.”

“Che’er, are you really alright? Do you feel unwell anywhere?” Xiao Lie was still not assured after Dr. Seto left and scowled in thought. When Xiao Che suddenly collapsed, his temperature dropped and his vitality faded away. This cannot only be a result of being too excited. Looking at Xiao Che’s present healthy condition, he indeed looks fine right now but Xiao Lie still could not shake off that small doubt deep in his heart.

“I really am alright grandfather, you can rest assured.” Xiao Che said with an easy expression. His nose could not help but suddenly sour as he looked at Xiao Lie and he see a worried face with a head full of white hair.