Chapter 33 - Star Concealed, For The Hated Blood Sacrifice 1

The outskirts of Floating Cloud City, in the corner of an abandoned house.

Xiao Che sat there quietly and laid his powerless body against the cold wall behind him. His lifelessly glazed eyes stared into space, as if his soul had already left his body. He had remained in this position for quite a few hours now.

In the Azure Cloud Continent, he was abandoned by his parents and until his death, he never knew who his birth parents were. The only connection he had with them was the pendant he always carried with him in front of his chest.

In the Blue Wind Empire, both his parents died when he was young but at least he knew who his parents were, and what were they called. He even had a grandfather, and a little aunt... However, god decided to pull another cruel joke on him. Everything was unexpectedly, all fake.

Grandfather was not his real grandfather and little aunt was also not his little aunt...

He still did not know who his real parents were, and didn't even have a clue as to what his own surname was.

Two lifetimes of experiences had widened his frame of mind, but like before, he still was unable to accept this short and sudden awareness of not actually knowing his roots, and where he came from.

Who exactly am I... and, where should I go next?

The expulsion from Xiao Clan meant that he would never be able to set foot in Xiao Clan and take another step inside. In his heart, he very clearly knew that not only was he unable to stay any longer in the Xiao Clan, he also was incapable of staying in Floating Cloud City. The only reason he had not left was because he was worried about grandfather and little aunt; he at least wanted to confirm their safety.

Time slowly flowed from morning to noon, and once more until the sky slowly, but finally, darkened.

Having not eaten for an entire day, Xiao Che still did not have the slightest feeling of hunger. When the sun had taken back its last ray of light and completely set, Xiao Che finally raised his head slightly, as the once lifeless eyes slowly condensed into a terrifying radiance, as if belonging to that of an evil spirit. All of a sudden, he started to laugh silently, the corners of his lip curled up as he laughed in a sinister manner, similar to that of an evil spirit from hell.

In the middle of his chilling laugh, he slowly stretched out his hand and a blade of a dark green grass appeared on top of his palm... It was indeed one of the Star Concealing Grass he had found in the rear mountain on the day he had married Xia Qingyue. As he stared at the Star Concealing Grass, a dark green glow suddenly shot out from his palm, enveloping the Star Concealing Grass within it. Under the dark green glow, the Star Concealing Grass started to twist and turn strangely, shrink, and change color... Then finally, it became a small pile of dark green powder.

Xiao Che blew gently and scattered all the dark green powder. Only a transparent pearl that had unknowingly appeared was left in his palm.

This was the Sky Poison Pearl's most core, and also most absurd ability that opposed the heavens themselves... Herb Refinement!

In order to create medicine, a diverse amount of herbs are often required to be crushed, processed, fused, added profound energy for additional effects, etc. This process was not only complicated but would also, unavoidably, cause a certain amount of medicinal force to be lost. Furthermore, it was certain that there would always be a probability of failure. Especially when it comes to high-grade medicine, not only was a huge amount of gold needed to purchase the rare ingredients, the chances of failure was extremely high as well and, once you fail, everything would be gone. In addition, not everyone had the ability to make the higher grades of medicine. There was a very high requirement for the ability of the alchemist, the cauldron, the ambiance, and the effects added using profound energy.