Chapter 23 - Upheaval 2

“Yes! Tomorrow morning, everyone in the Xiao Clan will gather here. I promise not one will be missing.” Xiao Yunhai promptly pledged.

“Great! Our time is really precious; we only have tomorrow. I don’t want there to be any unexpected issues.” Xiao Kuangyun indifferently said, then tilted his head: “You are all the esteemed Elder Xiao Zheng’s descendents, it’s only right to bring this gift. Xiao Ba, deliver the gift.”

The one called Xiao Ba stepped forward and expressionlessly placed a wooden box in front of Xiao Yunhai. Xiao Yunhai’s hands trembled as he received it with a terrified expression on his face: “I thank… thank the Xiao Sect for its gift. I’m very grateful.”

“The thing inside is called ‘Profound Opening Powder’. It can clear a profound vein, letting a person cultivate much faster for a certain period of time. It also has a very good restorative effect on profound veins that have been damaged for any reason. Even among our Xiao Sect, this is considered a very effective medicine.”

The implication was that… since it was an effective medicine to the Xiao Sect, then to them, it would be considered a first rate magical elixir.

“It also has a very good restorative effect on profound veins that were damaged for any reason”… This sentence caused the expression of the up-to-now taciturn and silent Xiao Lie to suddenly spasm. His eyes leaked a strange light, but then he immediately sighed inwardly as his expression dimmed.

Xiao Yunhai carefully put the wooden box aside, and then said with a face full of gratitude: “Since it is the Xiao Sect’s medicine, then its effects must be beyond my imagination. I don’t know how our Xiao Clan will be able to repay Young Master Xiao’s great favor… Since Young Master Xiao doesn’t need to rest, how about I have a few people take you gentlemen for a tour around our Xiao Clan or Floating Cloud City? Even though this is a small town, we have a few places that may brighten your eyes.”

Seeing that Xiao Kuangyun didn’t shake his head, Xiao Yunhai immediately reached out and dragged Xiao Yulong over: “This is my son, Xiao Yulong. His age is similar to Young Master Xiao. Why not have him take everyone out for a stroll?”

Xiao Yunhai’s intention was very clear. He wanted to, as much as possible, have Xiao Yulong be the first to mingle and get familiar with Xiao Kuangyun. That way, the chances of him being taken back to the Xiao Sect would further increase. If he could make a good impression on Xiao Kuangyun, then it was possible that he may earn Xiao Kuangyun’s protection once in the Xiao Sect, thereby rapidly rising in position…

“This lowly servant is Xiao Yulong, to be able to witness the elegance of the noble guests from the Xiao Sect surely is the fortune of a lifetime.” Xiao Yulong stepped forward, his face humble and modest.

Xiao Kuangyun gave Xiao Yulong a lookover and indifferently said: “Fine, then take us for a stroll. I’ve stayed at the popular places for a long time, it’s not bad to get a look at the remote areas. The rest of you can disperse. I don’t like being followed by too many people. I will find you when I need you.”

“Yes, yes!” Xiao Yunhai replied as he promptly nodded: “If you gentlemen need anything, then please immediately tell anyone here. Yulong, please take good care of these honored guests.”

“Yes father.”

Xiao Yunhai and the five elders left respectfully. The people from the Xiao Sect arrived later than expected so naturally the official business will be delayed to tomorrow.

Xiao Yulong stood to the side of Xiao Kuangyun and bowed, showing a relatively humble attitude. His face revealed a smile: “Young Master Xiao, even though this Floating Cloud City is small, but it has everything you’d expect it to have. I don’t know if Young Master Xiao wants to first experience the beautiful scenery, fine delicacies, or… the beautiful women?